function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara DakinSara Dakin 

Routing Records with Approvals challenge error

Hi,
I got this error message for the Routing Records with Approvals challenge, hopnig someone can help, thanks!

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
Best Answer chosen by Sara Dakin
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Saara,

Yes I was looking for this screenshot, If you will check this again you will notice that you are updating the New Account Status field but as per the challenge you should update Type field, :)

User-added image

Let me know if that work for you.

Thanks,
Himanshu

All Answers

Hey Sara,

Can you post your approval process screenshot ?
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
HI Sara,

Please check below post for same issue. I hope that will help you.
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BPUKIA4
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BBWzIAO
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BNrpIAG

Please check below post for step by step process. With screen shot
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BPe5IAG

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks
AMit Chaudhary
Sara DakinSara Dakin
OK thanks I deleted my first process and re did it, and am still getting an error, this time it says:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The process did not set the correct Type value when approval outcome is Approved

And here is a screen shot of the detail page, thanks for your help!

User-added image
Hi Sara,

everything seems to be fine but as per the error can you check your final approval action section and send screenshot of that. Please post screenshot of Approval steps section after expanding.
Sara DakinSara Dakin
Hi Hmanshu,

This is the final approval customer detail - is that what you want?

User-added image

Hi Saara,

Yes I was looking for this screenshot, If you will check this again you will notice that you are updating the New Account Status field but as per the challenge you should update Type field, :)

User-added image

Let me know if that work for you.

Thanks,
Himanshu
This was selected as the best answer
Sara DakinSara Dakin
HI Amit,

As you can see from the screen shot below I have all these picklist values in Account>filed>Type and if you look at my original screen shot you will see that the following is the case (I have included this shot again below the picklist screenshot)

1) On Initial Submission Action Type field is set to Pending
2) On Final Approval Action Type field is set to Customer
3) On Final Rejection Action Type field is set to Prospect

So, if everything is right then what could it be?

Thanks again!
Sara

Screenshot 1
User-added image

Screenshot 2
User-added image
Sara DakinSara Dakin
Hi Himanshu,

Thanks so much, that worked!!

Appreciate your help.
I am glad it worked. 

Thanks,
Himanshu

If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.
Marcel GómezMarcel Gómez
Hi Sara and Himanshu, it's nice to see you worked this problem out, but somehow I missed the fix for this error, you jumped from "what's worng?" to "Thanks so much, that worked!!", hahaha...

Would you please post the solution here?

Thanks!
Hi Marcel,

Once you will familiarize yourself the way this community work you will notice that once an answer is selected by the questioner SFDC move that answer to the top of the page just after the question so that anybody who is looking for the same problem, he will get answer in first look instead of going through whole conversation though it break the conversation if somebody like you interested to read whole conversation :)

Thanks,
Himanshu

Marcel GómezMarcel Gómez
Sorry for my ignorance, first time here ;)
Thanks!
no problem.. welcome to the community :)
Corey NeilsonCorey Neilson
Time to dust off this thread.  I see the solution was to update the account:type.  My object is always "opportunity" and I have no idea how to amend to "account" nor do I know how to select "account" at inception.  It defaults to "oppotunity." Any help would be greatly appreciated.User-added image
Prakretish SaikiaPrakretish Saikia
Hi Sara,

You are getting an error because there is a validation for the employee field which you need to delete. Once you have deleted the validation the code will work fine.
If you like my answer please mark it as best answer. It may help others to choose best answer easily.

Thanks and Regards
Prakretish
Paul MulderPaul Mulder
I still get this error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval" but I can't find the problem in my approval...Approvals Challenge Error
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Remove th criteria from Approval step and try again
User-added image

Let us know if this will help you

Starr LimStarr Lim

Hey @Corey Neilson, could your error have been this?
User-added image

Account should have been selected instead of opportunity.  this is under "workflow process"

Sammar AbbasSammar Abbas
Hi Himanshu!
I am Getting the same error that  Sara did  and My Apprval Sections Are also correct please  help me find the problem!
Here Is the SCUser-added image
Ashish Sharma 238Ashish Sharma 238
I also ran into below error.
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
Rachel LohRachel Loh
Make sure the Entry Criteria is 'Account: Employees', and not 'Current User: Employee Number'

I encounted the same unexpected error message and managed to resolve it after rectifying the Entry Criteria. 

Account Approval screenshot
sahithi guntisahithi gunti
Hi !!!
I'm Sahithi, I'm facing this issue which is I mentioned below.
Error
Sir,
I'm getting options to select " the specific new value " as Existing Customer - Replacement. But I need to have the options as Prospect, pending, customer .
please help me to solve this...