function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joseph Kubon (he/him/his)Joseph Kubon (he/him/his) 

Ability to Login to Trailhead with Production User ID

I am trying to use my regular production account to login to Trailhead.

I receive the following message:
Error
There was a problem with your authentication attempt. Please try again. If you continue to encounter problems, contact your administrator.
Trailhead Error with Production Login

I am the Administrator.

I created a case with Premiere Support.
CASE 12258260 - https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewCase?id=5003000000a6RNUAA2&filterid=1 (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewCase?id=5003000000a6RNUAA2&filterid=1)

I know that I ought to be able to login with my PROD account and then link it to my personal DEV space (this login name).

Please advise. 

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Joseph Kubon (he/him/his)
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Team Adam is toast! #TeamJoseph

For everyone else's benefit, we *think* that if you are trying to log in at developer.salesforce.com with your production login, and you use My Domain or SSO for your production org, you may run into issues when trying to log in at developer.salesforce.com. We need to confirm this, but for now, the workaround is to use your DE login instead.

All Answers

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi Joseph - thanks for getting in touch. I'd like to work with you on this. I've got your email - I will drop you a note.
Joseph Kubon (he/him/his)Joseph Kubon (he/him/his)

Thank you for the help Chris!

Appreciate it! 

Remember... Beat Team Adam!

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Team Adam is toast! #TeamJoseph

For everyone else's benefit, we *think* that if you are trying to log in at developer.salesforce.com with your production login, and you use My Domain or SSO for your production org, you may run into issues when trying to log in at developer.salesforce.com. We need to confirm this, but for now, the workaround is to use your DE login instead.
This was selected as the best answer