function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chriscfellowschriscfellows 

ContactsNearby not in custom components list for module

I'm working on this module in trailhead:

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/project/quickstart-app-builder/quickstart-app-builder3

In Lightning Builder, it says:

"From the Custom Components list, drag the ContactsNearby component to below the My Top Accounts Filter List in the left column."

I do not see that component, ContactsNearby. All I see is ContactsToday and Opportunity Alert.

Any ideas?

Best Answer chosen by chriscfellows
William TranWilliam Tran
You can just have 2 environments, tie it to the same email, but different user name.

I don't think you can merge them, unless you manually copy all the metadata and data from 1 environment to the other one.

Thx.

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
Do you have the Special Developer's Edition?

Are you looking at the Custom Component (left side, near bottom).

Thx.
I don't think I have a special edition developer. I signed up for it regularly.

Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot of lightning builder

It looks like I need to have a new special developer account. Any idea how to merge my special developer and regular developer accounts?
William TranWilliam Tran
You can just have 2 environments, tie it to the same email, but different user name.

I don't think you can merge them, unless you manually copy all the metadata and data from 1 environment to the other one.

Thx.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks William. I think I figured it out. I can login to trailhead with my main account, but connect to my lightning special developer account. I was able to do all of the lightning modules. Thanks for the help!
Linked2MarkLinked2Mark

Hi WIlliam. I am having the same experience. I am using the 'salesforce' license (it has worked in every other challenge!) but when I go to Lightening App Builder, I cant see the ContactsToday component which has been installed my org. I know that because I can see it in 'Installed Packages'.

Do I understand you correctly that I need to have a different org than the one I have been using up to this point to do this challenge?

Rafa GoldaracenaRafa Goldaracena
Hi you all, Same problem.  I have change to the special edition, and again..
 I also try to charge it from app exchange, but it said that it doesn´t work with DE...
I´ll continue trying.
Linked2MarkLinked2Mark
It appears that there is some problem with the platform. Many posts on the same issue.
Squire TH KershnerSquire TH Kershner
Why isn't the missing component installed like the rest of the modules?
Guilherme Monteiro 16Guilherme Monteiro 16
Guys, I think I've solved the issue. You won't be able to see the lightning component using the developer account, just the account created from the trailhead platform (there's no sense, but, it has worked with me).