function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric Seger 5Eric Seger 5 

Eclipse Apex Debugging Tool

Hello Developer Community,

I just downloaded the Apex Debugging Tool for the Eclipse (Luna 4.4.2) IDE and I'm not able to get it to launch.

I'm getting the following error:
"Encountered an error executing Apex Remote Debugger command
Either you or your organization don't have the permission to debug Apex."

I have an Enterprise Account and I'm logged into my Sandbox in the Force.com IDE.  Any ideas as to what might be causing the issue?

I've called my sales team and they don't even seem to know about the tool.  I've read that it is a paid service, but no one seems to know about it.  
Best Answer chosen by Eric Seger 5
Eric Seger 5Eric Seger 5
I finally got an answer from the folks at Salesforce.  This feature isn't enable yet.  We're able to download the software into Eclipse, but it won't be enabled until early next year (insert safe harbor statement here).  Thanks everyone for your replies!

All Answers

Reddy_tecReddy_tec
Try with Eclipse Kepler, since it mainted most consistancy for force IDE
Reddy_tecReddy_tec
And check if you have permission for debuggin here : Setup > Monitoring > Debug logs
TdenkTdenk
I'm running into the same issue. Is debugging only available on a subscription basis? Because I believe I have the permissions set above, and am certainly running in Kepler.
Eric Seger 5Eric Seger 5
I finally got an answer from the folks at Salesforce.  This feature isn't enable yet.  We're able to download the software into Eclipse, but it won't be enabled until early next year (insert safe harbor statement here).  Thanks everyone for your replies!
This was selected as the best answer
Ashwin Mishra 8Ashwin Mishra 8
Is this feature now turned on? I read that its an paid feature, is that true?

Also, its Setup->Monitor->Logs->Debug Logs