function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tamal Roy 2Tamal Roy 2 

Salesforce1 mobile basic - creating object specific quick actions

I completed the challenge and also tested it using my iPhone and I am able to see the action and the layout per the challenge.
However, when I "check the challenge", it says incomplete because "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Update Account Information' publisher action was not added to the account layout".

There appears to be some issues with the checking process - someone please validate.

Tamal Roy 2Tamal Roy 2
This is weird !
I logged out completely from Trailhead, Dev edition - then waited for two hours.
Logged back in - checked that all my changes were there. Did not make any edits.
Clicked the "Check the challenge", and whoa ! it validated...

This has happened several times before with other challenges as well. But simply logging out and logging in immediately would have solved them before. This time, I had to wait for two hours !!! Is this because it's in the cloud and trailhead gets to see the update sometime later, depending on  where in the cloud the metadata is stored?
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot

Hi Tamal - you shouldn't ever have to log out and log back in to Trailhead to complete a challenge. The cloud is definately not to blame :)

We did release new content in Trailhead yesterday and I wonder if you encountered a temporary issue while that update was going on. Regardless, it should not ever happen and so apologies for that. Please let me know if you ever see this issue again - I'd like to drill in and figure out what's going on.
Any keep blazing those trails!

Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com

Ramon RubioRamon Rubio
Hi
I'm having trouble completing the challenge

"Create a quick action for the event object
Action type: Update a Record
Label: Enter Feedback
Remove all the fields on the page layout except for Name
Put the Feedback field on the page layout
Add the Enter Feedback quick action to the publisher for the Showing Layout. You might have to override the predefined actions in the Salesforce1 section of the publisher."

I can not see the 'Feedback' field so I can place it in the page layout. This fileds not into fields of event.

How can I do it?

Thanks
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
I am having the same issue as Ramon.
Guillermo AndradeGuillermo Andrade
I'm having same problem with Feedback field than Ramon