function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara DakinSara Dakin 

Event Monitoring - Query Event Log Files - REST Explorer error

In the Query Event Log Files section of the Event Monitoring module I am wondering why I can't view the events in the REST Explorer (ie the input code turned up an error saying:
service not found at: /services/data/v+<API+version>+.0/query?q=SELECT+Id+,+EventType+,+LogDate+,+LogFileLength+,+LogFile+FROM+EventLogFile+WHERE+EventType+=+'ReportExport'.

Is this perhaps because I don't have the correct permissions in my dev account to query event log files (event monitoring requires the “API Enabled” and “View Event Log File” permissions). 
If this is the case, how do I access those permissions? 

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Sara Dakin
Justine Heritage 17Justine Heritage 17
Hi Sara,

In the query, you need to replace +<API+version>+ with the API version you're using. For example:

/services/data/v34.0/query?q=SELECT+Id+,+EventType+,+LogDate+,+LogFileLength+,+LogFile+FROM+EventLogFile+WHERE+EventType+=+'ReportExport'

Does that help?

All Answers

Justine Heritage 17Justine Heritage 17
Hi Sara,

In the query, you need to replace +<API+version>+ with the API version you're using. For example:

/services/data/v34.0/query?q=SELECT+Id+,+EventType+,+LogDate+,+LogFileLength+,+LogFile+FROM+EventLogFile+WHERE+EventType+=+'ReportExport'

Does that help?
This was selected as the best answer
Sara DakinSara Dakin
Ah thanks Justine, I didn't catch that. So simple and obvious, thanks so much!!!
Gary SalvadorGary Salvador
If you are looking for where to select them, they are in your profile system settings.