+ Start a Discussion
Ryan SchorrRyan Schorr 

Trailhead challenge error (Lightning Connect: Integrating External Data)

I am on the final step of the Lightning Connect trail: Integrating External Data. I am attempting the challenge at the end of the lesson, but receiving the following error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: FJSRCBZN

I created a new dev org, logged out of the previous dev org in Trailhead, and reconnected with the new one. I then attemped the challenge again with the new, completely untouched dev org and received the same error. I was so close to completing the entire Lightning Connect trail! Anyone else seen this error?
Ryan SchorrRyan Schorr
I've identified the bug and was able to complete the challenge. Here's what happened.

The challenge requires you to connect an external data source and sync two objects from that source: phones and phone plan. In order to complete the challenge, you must edit the objects so that an object with the API name of Phone__x exists. This requires editing the "phones" object's Object Name from "phones" to "Phone", as seen in the screenshot below:
User-added image

For consistency's sake, even though it's not required, I also changed the Label and Plural Label fields to match. This did not cause the error. However, changing the Table Name in the External Connection Detail section further fown the page from "phones" to "Phone" apparently did cause the error. To resolve this, I changed this field back to "phones" as seen here:

User-added image

With the Table Name listed as "phones", I no longer received the unexpected error from the original post and was able to claim my 500 points. Hooray!​
Penny HammondPenny Hammond
I was getting an error message about the phones table - thanks for the hint about changing the Table Name back to the default, that fixed it!
Ralf Hamester (DE-Account)Ralf Hamester (DE-Account)
The same applies to the Order__x object of the very same trailhead module. I had to rename the object's singular label from "Orders" to "Order" to circumvent an error when clicking "Go" in the Orders list view. Thanks for presenting a solution for this!