function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gautam_singhgautam_singh 

Remove Default Record Type for Content “General” from Page Layout

I need to remove the Standard Record Type Field from Library Page Layout. I had record types earlier which I have deactivated and even deleted but still the Master Record Type is present on the page layout of Content/Library when we try to contribute a file.

Methods I have tried :

I have deleted the Record Types. Still the field is available.
I have deactivated the record type. Still I was able to find that field.
I even tried to remove the record type access to the profile. Still the field was there.

General Record Type Field
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gautam,

I am not sure that you can delete the default record type. Why do you need to do this? Why not just adjust permissions so that your users only see the record type you want them to see. Also, you can set the default record type in Profiles to the one you want to use.

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
Ryan Bobadilla 21Ryan Bobadilla 21
Has anyone figured out how to remove the "General" recordtype?  Running into the same issue where regardless of assigned Recordtypes to Profiles, "General" is still showing up. 
Trails EvergreenTrails Evergreen
@Ryan Bobadilla 21 - go into Classic and click on the profile.  Within the profile, go down to "Record Type Settings".. you can find your object and change the default.  Such a pain to go back and forth from Lightening to Classic.. but it is what it is.