function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JayNicJayNic 

Feedback/Chatter posts for Community Knowledge Base Articles

Hi all,

I'm building a community site with knowledge articles, Questions, and Cases. I can see that questions have a comment/reply system for them (which makes sense) because they are a glorified forum: but I can't find any way to enable this for knowledge base articles. 

I've done a bunch of searching , and every answer I ahve found says they don't: but the posts I've found are also at minimum: two years old...
So can someone clarify if the functionality exists?

Thanks
JayNicJayNic
Anyone have experience with communities/knowledge bases?
Geoff Davenport 1Geoff Davenport 1
Hi JayNic - I'm also trying to allow discussion linked to Articles in a Community, but am having a hard time finding information on it.  Did you have any luck / make any progress?
Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)
Hi Jaynic / Geoff,

What you are looking at is Chatter Answer implementation. Chatter Answers integrate Questions and Answers, Knowledge Articles and Ideas into one umbrella called Chatter Answer Zones which you can then configure and use within your Community using VisualForce Pages by including the Chatter Answer Components. If you are looking for just using Knowledge Articles and not Questions / Replies then you can just use Knowledge Home on your community and brand it as per the Look and Feel of your site. There is also a Salesforce package called PKB 3 which you can explore if you want to launch your articles publicly without any authentication. 

Hope this guides you in the right direction,

Thanks,
Anupam Bansal
OSI Consulting