function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkyyyvenkyyy 

Javascript has to run when user detail page is open.

Hi,

I have a javascripit which is return one value, that javascript has to run when i selected an user in Manageusers>>users>>venkyy(that is when page gets loaded).

** The javascript is in static resource.

Thanks in advance.
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Venkyyy,

The only way we found to insert code directly into the DOM of any Salesforce page is via a Home Page Component (Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Components). 

Create a New Custom Component, Type = HTML Area. In the editor, check the "Show HTML" checkbox in the upper right. You can then put in arbitrary HTML and JavaScript and it can traverse the DOM. 

If you just want your code on a single page, create a "Wide (Right) Column" component and add it to your page layout. 

If you want the code to run on every* page in SFDC, then you'll want to put it into a "Narrow (Left) Column" (often referred to as the sidebar) component, check the Setup > Customize > User Interface > Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages checkbox, and finally select it in Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts > your layout.

Home Page Components don't need to have any visible UI. 

Chatter pages don't have the sidebar, so this won't work there. The Service Cloud Console also doesn't show the sidebar and has no equivalent, so you can't do this there either.

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
venkyyyvenkyyy
Hi Naga,

For user detail page i can create a custom button but i can not bring it up in page layout,, wats wrong there? can u clarify me.