function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara DakinSara Dakin 

Recruiting App - Global Actions

I am in the Global Actions section of the Recruiting App and created the New IT and Standard Positions.
I added 'New Position' to the Position object 'Status' picklist.
I was able to add 'New Position' in the predefined Field Values for the New Standard Position but not for the New IT Position, it just doesn't show up in the picklist.
I have gone over it 100 times but cannot figure it out....hoping someone can help.
Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Sara Dakin
William TranWilliam Tran
Is this trailhead? or some other exercise? can you provide link to the requirement? 

So you add  'New Position' to New IT Position picklist but it does not show up?

Have you check if record type is used?  With record type, you can choose what values show up for each dropdown, so be sure to add the "New Position" to be validate for the IT record type.

Otherwise please post screen prints and/or more explanation.

Thx

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
Is this trailhead? or some other exercise? can you provide link to the requirement? 

So you add  'New Position' to New IT Position picklist but it does not show up?

Have you check if record type is used?  With record type, you can choose what values show up for each dropdown, so be sure to add the "New Position" to be validate for the IT record type.

Otherwise please post screen prints and/or more explanation.

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
Sara DakinSara Dakin
Hi William,

No this is not trailhead but part of 'build a recruting app' in the Force.com Fundamentals book - chapter 8 -  which you can see here: in https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Force_Platform_Fundamentals.

If you look at pg 222 and 223 you can see the New IT Position in Chatter and then the feed item where status says 'New Position'. For the new IT Position the status will not show as New Position as it was not selectable in the pick list when I created the predefined Field Values.

See screenshots for these in Global Actions:

1. New IT Postion Action Predefined Field Values DOES NOT show 'New Position' in picklist:

User-added image

2. New Standard Postion Action Predefined Field Values DOES show 'New Position' in picklist:

User-added image

Sara DakinSara Dakin
Hi William,
I checked the IT Postion record type and 'New Postion' was missing there, I added it and now all is well, thanks!
William TranWilliam Tran
It looks to be a different record types.  

Go to the position object, click on record type.  Choose IT record type, 

under picklist available for edit,

click Edit status (picklist)

Add "new position" to the list (move from left to right).

Unfortunately I have not done the exercise so don't have screen prints or more specific details.

Thx