function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin AranaKevin Arana 

Create a workflow rule that will update a field.

In some instances, a case must automatically escalate. Create a workflow rule that will set the escalated flag and send a task to the case owner if a case is not closed and its priority is set to High.

NOTE: Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action.

The workflow rule must be called 'Case Escalate on High Priority'.
The workflow rule must be tied to Case and fire when it is not closed and the Priority is updated to 'High'.
The workflow rule must evaluate on create and when is doesn't meet the criteria but is edited to meet the criteria.
The rule should fire a Field Update action called 'Set Case to Escalated'.
The Field Update action must set the 'Escalated' checkbox field to true.
The rule should fire an Assign Task action with a subject of 'Follow Up on Escalated Case'.
The Assign Task action must assign a task to the owner of the Case.
The Task should have a due date of 'Rule Trigger Date', status 'Not Started' and Priority 'Normal'.

I am having trouble Creating a workflow rule field for this challenge. Can someone please let me know what FIELD, OPERATOR AND VALUE I am suppose to create for this workflow to work 
Barbara GrossBarbara Gross
I used Priority equals 'High' and Closed not equal to 'True' .
The closed field is a check box that is checked (which means it is set to 'True') for closed cases.
Kevin AranaKevin Arana
Barbara 

Can you please send me a screen shot I keep getting an error message of : Case escalation failed to execute correctly.

Thanks 
nusrat khowajanusrat khowaja
User-added image

User-added image
User-added image
Mohamed RaslanMohamed Raslan
Hi Everyone,

I am having some issues completing this challenge. I have performed the tasks precisely but I am still getting an error which reads "The 'Follow Up on Escalated Case' Workflow assign task action was not found."

Here are my screen shots, if anyone could help me figure out what I have done wrong that would be greatly appreciated!

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

​Thanks
TRYTRY
In my case, I had everything right except for one thing on the rule. It took me forever to figure out that I had the wrong evaluation selected. X marks the right option:

Evaluate the rule when a record is:
created
created, and every time it’s edited
X created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria
Monse GonzalezMonse Gonzalez

The solution

1.- The workflow rule must be called 'Case Escalate on High Priority'

it is not closed and the Priority is updated to 'High'

save

2.-  in the Workflow Actions tab, click Edit

User-added image

3.-  Assign Task action with a subject of "Follow Up on Escalated Case"

User-added image

save

4.- The rule should fire a Field Update action called 'Set Case to Escalated'.

User-added image

save

5.- Click in the button "Activate"

User-added image

I hope will be useful

oscar muñoz 9oscar muñoz 9
Hi, Monse!

Good solution.

Regards...

RoccoRocco
Hi everyone,

I've been stuck on the exact same issue. I've copied Monse's solution from scratch and even created a new and clean developer org to do the same. But still I get the message: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Case Escalate on High Priority' Workflow rule was not found. Either it was not created, not associated with Case, or not activated.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I just got in touch with a colleague who used the exact same solution when he did the same trailhead earlier (we went over all the fields).

So does anyone have a clue what I'm missing? Or is it a bug in the validation system?

Here are the screens:
Rule
Set Case to Escalated
Follow up task
Challenge not complete

Thanks a lot in advance!

Rocco

Ruchir SinghalRuchir Singhal
Hello Rocco,

Please check if you have activated Workflow Rule

Regards,
Ruchir
Knut Anders EldhusetKnut Anders Eldhuset
Hi Rocco
Also be certain that the naming is excactly as the task say.
I had forgotten capital letter in one of mine, and then it did not work.
RoccoRocco
Hi Ruchir and Knut,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, I did have the workflow rule active and I copy/pasted the names from the challange to the fields (and I took care there were nog leading or trailing blancs etc...)
It's not that complicated a challange, so I'm still at a loss to figure out what's wrong.

Cheers,

Rocco
RoccoRocco
BTW: Ruchir, I see why you thought I had not activated the rule. I was going back and forth so many times, I took a sreenshot from a time I did forget to activate it.

This is the error message that keeps coming up (when the rule is acitvated):

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found.
Knut Anders EldhusetKnut Anders Eldhuset
Hi Rocco
The error message you get are:

The name you have are: User-added image

RoccoRocco
Hello Knut,

Yes, you're right! Just changed it to lower case, but didn't make a difference. Still the same error message.
Then I deleted the entire step and wanted to re-enter it, but now it says Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.

I guess I have to wait for a week for the Salesforce server to definitely remove it and try again to be absolutely sure this doesn't solve it...

Thanks!
RoccoRocco
Finally solved it. I can only assume Knut's solution was the right one. 

I managed to avoid the "unique name already exists" when trying to recreate the unique name "Set Case to Escalated" by deleting the corresponding "Field Update" entry. See screenshot. 

I then re-entered the entire challenge and it worked!  I don't think I will ever manage to forget the importance of capital letters...User-added image
Abhishek915Abhishek915
Hey Rocco,

How can I override the "unique name already exists", I am also getting the same error, have tried a million times. Then found your reply on this question. Help me out. Stucked!!
Nick BoenziNick Boenzi
Hi ALL,

I was having the same issue "Case Escalate on High Priority" workflow rule not found.  I had placed the Task and Field Update under Immediate Workflow Actions, when I added the Task and Field update to Time-Dependant Workflow Actions.  This worked for me.

User-added image
Tushar Bapat 22Tushar Bapat 22
I too am facing same issue. tried recreating multiple times. Even added 'Set Case to Escalated' to both Immediate Workflow Actions and Time-Dependent Workflow Actions yet get Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Is there a way to debug this?
User-added image
Minkesh JAHERALYMinkesh JAHERALY
I had the same issue. Please find enclosed a video for the solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cehnfgh9tfM