function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer LaingJennifer Laing 

Trailhead Challenge - Visual Workflow

Hi, sorry to re-start this conversation, but I'm having similar problems to Andrew Eversley with regards to creating the visual workflow in the Trailhead Challenge. Can anyone advise where I'm going wrong please?

The error message is: 
caused by element : FlowRecordCreate.Opportunity_Create
caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [StageName] --- for SFDC record with ID : null,  

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Jennifer Laing
William TranWilliam Tran
It looks good.  

How did you define your choices?

For Prospecting, did you fill in the "stored value"

Stored value = "Prospecting"

Stored value = the actual value.

{!Prospect} is just the name, you need to assign it a value otherwise it is just a blank field/value.

Thx

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
For StageName you should put {!opp_stage}

Also, when creating account and contacts why don't you fill in the information from the form?
account = {!company_name}

contact = use {!first_name}  and {!last_name}
be sure to check that spelling matches your variable names.

Thx
Hi William, thanks for your reply. I had all the values you mentioned in the elements however,they disappeared.  I added them back in but still get the same error message:

caused by element : FlowRecordCreate.Opportunity_Create
caused by: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING) Required fields are missing: [StageName] --- for SFDC record with ID : null, 
William TranWilliam Tran
They disappear because the value you enter is likely not valid (wrong name or syntax).

As far as the error, can you provide the most recent screen print of the create opportunity screen.
Hello.  The values are now staying in the elements.  Here is the Opportunity screenshot:

User-added image
William TranWilliam Tran
It looks good.  

How did you define your choices?

For Prospecting, did you fill in the "stored value"

Stored value = "Prospecting"

Stored value = the actual value.

{!Prospect} is just the name, you need to assign it a value otherwise it is just a blank field/value.

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
William TranWilliam Tran
Jennifer, I hope that resolve your issue.

Also, as a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks
Thank you very much for your help William, the Flow now works!  Kindest regards, Jennifer
Test AnupTest Anup
PLease help me on below
Opportunity name, close date and stage are required fields. Name the Opportunity '{Company Name} - {Last Name}', set the close date to one month from today and set the stage to 'Prospecting'.

How i can set '{Company Name} - {Last Name}' and close date to one month from today in create record window
Anne French NuttallAnne French Nuttall
FYI - I set the Opportunity Name to {Company Name} and the challenge passed...
Create a named formula "TODAY () +30" and assign to Close Date