function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
william floyd 6william floyd 6 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty

Best Answer chosen by william floyd 6
William TranWilliam Tran
William what challenge is this? could you post the URL?

Thx

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
William what challenge is this? could you post the URL?

Thx
This was selected as the best answer
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_beginner/customizing_user_interface/ui_page_layouts
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section.
-->The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'.
-->The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields.

Please follow below step :-
Step 1 :- Search Contact page layout

User-added image

Step 2:- Modify page layout and add seaction like below

User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
I posted the URL. Please let me know what your thoughts are.
Got the same result.
Jessica StewartJessica Stewart
I am getting the same result as William!  Once I have searched 'contact,' I am given several options for layouts as seen in amit's dipiction #1...I am clicking "edit" on the last one, "Contact layout," and then following the next steps to create the Phone Numbers section and data. My result looks identical to Amit's screenshot #2. Where are we going wrong?
Oscar Martinez 8Oscar Martinez 8
I was also stuck on this one.  When I looked at Step 2 above, I noticed "section", which was the part I was missing.  Drag that "section" down anywhere in the hilighted areas to create the new section and follow steps to create "Phone Numbers", then drag the fields to that section.
Harsh DodiyaHarsh Dodiya
URL : https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/customizing_user_interface/ui_page_layouts

I did everything same as mentioned, functionality is working. 
When I click check challenge in trail, it giving me below error
Error
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty

Though I have Phone Numbers section in contact layout (default)
divya yenumuladivya yenumula
Hi Guys,

I received the same error when doing this challenge. Can anybody help? I did as it is mentioned in the challenge, look at the picture below.

User-added image

Thanks
Divya
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Divya,

Please you have any record type on Account object . If yes then please add phone number field on System admin page layout.
Feel free to connect with on my email id (amit.salesforce21@gmail.com)

divya yenumuladivya yenumula
Hi Amit,

Thanks for answering me. I worked on it for some more time after i posted it here and realized that, i added custom fields to the 'Phone Numbers' section. When i added the standard fields the issue was resolved. Thanks for your input anyways.
Ariella RechthandAriella Rechthand
I keep getting this same error and cant figure it out. Please help Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty. If you believe that you have set this up properly and are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module.
Amit Kumar 447Amit Kumar 447
Firstly, create a new section in the Page Layout from Field like: Contact Information (Standard Field) and then place or drag & drop the properties 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' into the sctions "Phone Numbers". 
Ashwini Kalburgi 3Ashwini Kalburgi 3
quickest method - drag and drop fields from contact information and it will pass the challenge:)
Amit Kumar 447Amit Kumar 447
Hi Ashwini,

Firstly, go to Customize -> Contact -> Page Layout ->New and create a new page layout having name:Phone Numbers. Then

1) Drag & Drop Section from the Fields under the Contact Information or any of the already existing field.
2) Select the Field you want to drag & drop into the Phone Number Field (Section) like: Home Phone, Mobile, Fax etc.
3) Then Quick Save or save the layout and you will be able to complete your challenge.

Please let me know in case of any query so that i can consider with you.

Thanks,
Amit Kumar

Ashwini Kalburgi 3Ashwini Kalburgi 3
Hi Amit Kumar,

Thank you it worked
dina puati 9dina puati 9
Hi Amit,

I did everything you said and it's still not working.
Here is the error i'm getting.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty. If you believe that you have set this up properly and are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module.

Please advise

Thanks,
Newbie2472656Newbie2472656
Nothing seems to work for this module.  Very discouraging!
Saru Hamsini Janaki 3Saru Hamsini Janaki 3
In the same challenge, I'm unable to drag and drop the phone number fields because they are disabled to me. Please help..
Rajesh_BhattadRajesh_Bhattad
@Saru Drag & Drop the fields from Contact Detail Section. The fields are disabled coz they are already being used in Contact Detail Section.
Vikas GoelVikas Goel
Go to Contacts --> Pgae Layout --> Select Contact layout --> edit it
Add blank Space then add new section on that blank space area with two column section name it as Phone Numbers

Add all phone and fax fields in such a way as shown in image below,, It worked fine for me

User-added image
Rekha Mandava 5Rekha Mandava 5
Hi Guys,

I am unable to create the New Section. I just tried going through Contacts-->Page Layouts-->Contact Layout--> Added New Section as Phone Number--> And dragged the fields. I have attached the screenshot below. Please anyone help out from this as soon as possible. Please...
User-added image

User-added image

Thanks&Regards
Rekha
Martina PastorkovaMartina Pastorkova

Hello. 

I have the same problem as above mentioned.  Anybodz could help me with it?  

Thank you!

Dan KnudsvigDan Knudsvig
I am having this same problem.  I tried 2 ways. I added a new section to the default "Contact Layout" and I created a new Page Layout and named it "Phone Numbers".  Neither is working.
Nadezhda PodobedNadezhda Podobed
To escape this problem you should delete duplicates of the the same fields in the contact details section.
The fields must uses only in section called Phone Numbers. I hope this helps.
David BeaumontDavid Beaumont
Adding the new section and doing the drag  and drop seemed to work for me. Here is the youtube link for adding the new section.
James FranceJames France
How do you create the new "Phone Numbers" section?

David BeaumontDavid Beaumont
Thank you James. I was able to figure this one out.