function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin KKevin K 

Error on Approving Records from the Feed (Chatter Basics - ADMIN Trail)

Hello- 

Has anyone else receive this error when completing the challenge for the Approving Records from the Feed (Chatter Basics)?

Chatter Basics - Approving Records From the Feed
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Can you please verify that you have enabled your Approval Process?
Kevin KKevin K
I believe so...are the below the settings what you are looking to confirm?
User-added image

User-added image
Jeff MeyersJeff Meyers
I am also experiencing this error.
Matthew FrankMatthew Frank
Has there been a resolution to this issue? I cannot seem to find one from my end...
Ruth Hensman 5Ruth Hensman 5
I am also experiencing that error. My settings look like Kevins. 

Kevin KKevin K
SFDC - Anyway to trigger completion of the lesson since it seems to be a bug? Or way to escalate the question for resolution?
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi everyone - I just ran through this challenge right now in my Developer Edition and it is working fine.

If you are 100% sure you are doing a challenge correctly, but it isn't passing, there might be existing configuration or customization in your DE preventing the challenge from validating. We are doing a real time check using the API and cannot predict every scenario in your org.

Here are instructions on how to proceed: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000005JciIAE

Let me know if any of you still have issues after completing the above.
Geoffrey J FlynnGeoffrey J Flynn
You have case_escalation, not Case_Escalation as the API name which is why you are getting the error --> it's all in lower case.  You can't change it directly from one to the other or you'll get an error on save.  Change it to something like case_escalation1 and hit save, then change it again to Case_Escalation and run the challenge again
The Time for Catter is Right MeowThe Time for Catter is Right Meow
Thanks, Geoffrey, for your scooby doo detectiveness. 

When there's a specific name something should be called, I always copy and paste it into Trailhead. That's why I could replicate this issue. Since the API name is generated automatically from the field name, it automatically made my API name Case_Escalation.

I'll explore with the team if we can handle case insensitivity, or make the challenge more clear. Thanks again, Geoff.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
That last comment from "The Time for Catter is Right Meow" was from me. I was logged in under my DE. Meow meow listen to Geoffrey, he's clawesome, and we'll see if we can't make this easier for you. #Catter 
Amanda WurtzAmanda Wurtz
Hi, I'm having the same problem as Kevin and I believe my setting are also correct. Anyone have suggestions other than the case suggestion? I tried that. Here's my settings. User-added image