function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samuel SherrowSamuel Sherrow 

Admin Trail - Beginner | Salesforce1 Mobile Basics | Customizing Compact Layouts Challenge

I read the thread titled "Create and enable a compact layout : Trailhead Challenge" and I thought that was my answer but I did the link to the Contact page correctly and I am still getting the error.  I have refreshed my developer version of Salesforce and I have refreshed my Salesforce1 app on my phone.  

CompactLayout1
The actual compact layout I built in the wizard but could not locate the place to set it as the default until I search by title and it was already set as default in teh Contact page.
Contact Compact Layout
Below is the screenshot from my phone showing the page layout is working properly.
Cell Phone Screen Shot of compact Layout

Any suggestions?

Sam

Best Answer chosen by Samuel Sherrow
Shyama B SShyama B S
Hi Samuel,
I recently did this challenge and it looks fine to me. The only difference I can find is the API name which is Phone_and_Email in mine unlike PhoneAndEmail as in yours. I don't think it matters but otherwise it looks just like mine.

Thanks,
Shyama

All Answers

Shyama B SShyama B S
Hi Samuel,
I recently did this challenge and it looks fine to me. The only difference I can find is the API name which is Phone_and_Email in mine unlike PhoneAndEmail as in yours. I don't think it matters but otherwise it looks just like mine.

Thanks,
Shyama
This was selected as the best answer
Samuel SherrowSamuel Sherrow
Hi Shyama B S - Yes, that was teh issue.  I had everything correct but I didn't have the underscorse.  Thank you very much!!!
Steve GallegosSteve Gallegos
Thanks Shyama, wanted you to know it helped me too!
Claudio Bruno 8Claudio Bruno 8
Hi,
I recently did this challenge and it isn't working.
User-added image
User-added image

Below is the screenshot from my phone showing the page layout is working properly.
User-added image

Can anyone tell me why?

Thank you
Claudio
Swati Patel 28Swati Patel 28
Hello there

I am still getting same error. I have followed same steps as menthioned.

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: VQXUYZLF

can anyone please let me know what i am doing wronge.
Ramon RubioRamon Rubio
Hello
I have problems with this challenge

The challenge is as follows:

"Create a new event compact layout with the label: Showing Mobile Layout
Add the following fields to the compact layout in this order: Subject, Start, Property, Name.
Make the new compact layout the default for the Showing record type. (Hint: Do not change the primary compact layout for events. Enable the new Showing compact layout in the Record Type Overrides section of the layout assignment editor.)"

Within 'available fields' I can not find the 'property' field to be able to move it to 'Selected Fields'

User-added image

can you help me?

thanks
Gerard Troxell 16Gerard Troxell 16
Hello everyone. 
Much like Ramon, I have run into the same issue. One of the four fields(Property) is missing.  Note that the available fields are in alpabetical order. 
Please investigate and provide guidance on how we can remedy this issue.
Thank you for your fast action.

Summer Armitage 4Summer Armitage 4
My problem is that when I click 'Check Challenge" I get an error stating there is no Event Compact LAyout named 'Showing Mobile Layout' when it exists. Anyone else have this issue?
Russell CoozeRussell Cooze
Yes, me too.
Berkan Suna 1Berkan Suna 1
Same
Berkan Suna 1Berkan Suna 1
You must have finished " https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/salesforce1_mobile_app/units/salesforce1_mobile_app_actions_objectspecific " trail to see Priority field.
Ramon RubioRamon Rubio
I could not finish this exercise either.
I put a message with the problem in the trail thread:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000BREiIAO

Keith BeardKeith Beard
Same issue:  error stating there is no Event Compact LAyout named 'Showing Mobile Layout' although I can look at it in the object.  checked for typos, logged out and back in, waited 2 hours... all the usueal stuff.
Phil BlaneyPhil Blaney
I'm having the same issue, all looks fine but getting the error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Could not find a compact layout for the Event object with the label 'Showing Mobile Layout'.
Tom BanyaiTom Banyai
I am having the same problem.  The Event object does not have the Property field.  When I go into Setup > Object Manager > Event > Fields and Relationships so that I can try to add the field.

I don't see:

User-added image

Instead I see:

User-added image

Please advise!
Joan PowellJoan Powell
I'm having issues too.  Says to use Record type overrides and it's like it won't "take" when I select "Showing Mobile Layout" - it's there to select and I save, but it doesn't seem to save it, keeps going back to the default.
Dave Silva 10Dave Silva 10
I had to create the "Property" field following the instructions here:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/salesforce1_mobile_app/units/salesforce1_mobile_app_actions_objectspecific

Turns out I had deleted the field (trying to solve an issue with Trailhead) and couldn't recreate it (because you can't use the same field that has been deleted unless you permanently delete it, and that's not possible with Lightning). So I had to permanently delete it and then recreate it.