function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Craig IsaksonCraig Isakson 

Issue with native iOS Swift class using SFRestAPI.send

Hello,

I am developing a native iOS app on the Salesforce 1 platform.  I used forceios to create the barebones sample app.  I created a Swift class that is an extension of NSObject as well as SFRestDelegate.  I am able to create a an instance of SFRestAPI from the shared instance but am unable to call the .send function.  I get the error 'SFRestAPI' does not have a member named 'send'.  I went to the SFRestAPI header and I see the .send methods but for some reason cannot reach them from my Swift class.  I can call them fine from Objective C though.  Here is a sample of the code:

import Foundation=

class MyHandler: NSObject, SFRestDelegate {

func getData() {
        var sharedInstance = SFRestAPI.sharedInstance()

var request = sharedInstance.requestForQuery("SELECT Id FROM Account LIMIT 10")

sharedInstance.send(request as SFRestRequest, delegate: self)
    }

//delegate methods...

I have the briding header that is required for linking but just the .send function is giving me errors:

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
#import "SFRestAPI.h"
#import "SFRestRequest.h"

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.
Best Answer chosen by Craig Isakson
Philip GuerreiroPhilip Guerreiro

Managed to resolve after looking into the issue i was missing #import "SFRestAPISalesforceAction.h" as the framework has changed

All Answers

I'm also having the same issue need some help with this

Managed to resolve after looking into the issue i was missing #import "SFRestAPISalesforceAction.h" as the framework has changed
This was selected as the best answer
Craig IsaksonCraig Isakson
Hi Phillip,

I was able to resolve. You are correct.  Just had to add #import <SalesforceRestAPI/SFRestAPISalesforceAction.h> to the briding-header.  I forgot I still had this question out there :)