function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeet PadhyaJeet Padhya 

Moving triggers from Sandbox to Production - Urgent Help required

I have created 4 triggers in my organization's sandbox and i NEED to move these triggers to production as they are of utmost importance to me. However, since my organization's code coverage is only 66% i am unable to do this as the deployment of the change sets fails. The code coverage reduces drastically because of 13 test classes present in the org that were created by the vendors who set the system and moved these classes to production, for what reason, i do not know. What can i do here? Maybe delete these test classes? or another way to move the triggers to production?
Patcs_1Patcs_1
Hi Jeet

In Sandbox, edit the test classes which is written by vendor and increase the code coverage for those test classes and move the test classes along with the 4 triggers you have created. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Jeet PadhyaJeet Padhya
Hi Patcs_1,

I am not a developer. I myself am a newbie to the force.com environment. I was under the notion that if i could just delete the test classes then the org code coverage would increase (i assume it is an average of the code coverage of all apex classes and triggers including test classes). How do i even increase code coverage? any code written there would be usless. is there no other way to do this? to push these triggers to the production? maybe without it having run all the tests or something?