function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter KearneyPeter Kearney 

Process Builder Flow Error

Hi Guys

I see there are a number of discussions on this issue but there seems to be very little by way of answers. In most of the discussions, the context is quite complex, so maybe thats what is stopping the answers from coming forth. My context is quite simple.

I have a single custom object which has only one process builder associated with it. The PB populates four fields in the object depending upon the information that users capture on-screen and it it obtains the information for the four fields from related objects. The PB has been working for some time, but yesterday I notoced that it was actually not applying the conditional logic properly and I attempted to fix it. Having done that, it started throwing up a Flow error when I saved a new record or changed an existing record. My immediate thought was that the problem must be in what I had changed, so I rolled back to the old version. The problem persisted, so a deactivated the PB, and it went away. I then created a whole new version of the PB from scratch as I could not see the error I had made and the problem came back. I then stripped the new PB down to the most simple version I could with only one decision box and an ID update and the problem persisted. I even tried deleting all the PB's on the object and also deleted everything in my Recycle Bin before rebuilding and its still having an issue. I have also tried setting Specified Changes to ticked and Recursion to No, just in case its looping itself to death... no luck.

Whats going on here?
KRayKRay
Peter, what error are you receiving?
Peter KearneyPeter Kearney
Not to worry Ken, I trashed everything again and rebuilt it and its working now. It said it could not "Trigger a Flow". The main thing I changed was that instead of linking through to the Record ID, of the lookup value, I just referenced the display field. I suspect that if the field I am referencing has nothing in it and the PB is referencing the underling Record ID, it errors. Thats my theory anyway.