function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Email templates sending email test not working

Hello,

When i try to test email sending for Emauil templates, i never receive any email,
I laos include a record id in the email.

How can i test
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check Deliverability in your org. Access to Send Email should be All email.
And make sure Avaialble check box should be check on email template.

Please let us know if this will help  you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check Deliverability in your org. Access to Send Email should be All email.
And make sure Avaialble check box should be check on email template.

Please let us know if this will help  you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
Both of them are active still i dont get any email notification, i get notificatuion on prod but not on dev sandbox
Code+1Code+1
Hi Sandrine,

Please try this !!

Go to your Email Template that you would like to test and click on the Send Test and Verify Merge Field,

You will see the following options on a pop up window, "Preview the template with the following records:"

1. Recipient Record: You can select a Contact, Lead or User; the template will retrieve Merge Fields such as: {!Contact.FirstName}. But no email will be send to the Contact, Lead or User you choose in this box

2. Related to Record: If your email template uses information from object such as Accounts, Opportunities, etc, you can select any record in those objects and the template will retrieve the merge fields from the record and populate the template with that information.

3. A check box for Send email preview to: By selecting this option and typing the correct email address, and email will get generated.  This option is the only one that will generate a test email, and it will be sent to the specified email address only, not to the Recipient Record email address. You can also do this test several times with different email recipient to see how the template will look in different email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo, or etc

Thanks !
Roberto LicciardelloRoberto Licciardello
Hy,
I have enabled the Leads object, but I can not display it among the objects to select as "Related to Record".

Do I need some special function?

Thank's
Sam ChenSam Chen
Lead object in Send Test and Verify Merged Field is considered a person, so you can find it in Recipient Record, instead of Related To Record. And the Lead merged fields used in the template will be populated with selected Lead record.

User-added image
Ian Wang 8Ian Wang 8
I had similar issue like Sandrine, and i followed Amit Chaudhary's step and it resolved it. thanks Amit.
Marcel CrocqMarcel Crocq
We just have the same issue but now on all before working templates/alerts/approval....we did the same test but no results....something is not right