function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yehiel ZAFRANY -Yehiel ZAFRANY - 

Copy SF org to other SF org

I have a requirement to copy all metadata + data to a new Production instance. What is the best way to do this ?
The new org should be exactly the same as the first one and we will continue to use both orgs in parallel. (different users in each org)
JLA.ovhJLA.ovh
Some tools like Odaseva (http://www.odaseva.com)can help you doing this
shashi lad 4shashi lad 4
Hi ,

I have just recently done that. The best way to do is using ANT migration tool. 
What I did is,
1. I download the project in eclipse with all my metadata.(classes/triggers/pages/objects/static resources/profiles.
2. I have used package.xml from eclipse so we don't need to manually build the package.xml
3. use ANt migration tool and point to new org 
4. deploy the changes.

I also kept some selected profiles since i can create one test user with that profile to check all my newly deployed  setup. 
I found it very convenient.

I hope this helps
thanks
shashi
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Yehiel,

You can accomplished this using Eclipse. Follow these steps:
  • Install Eclipse
  • Install Force.com IDE in Eclipse
  • Create a project in Eclipse with all the metadata like objects, classes, triggers, pages, page layouts, etc from the source org.
  • Now right click on the Project and click 'Deploy to Server'.
  • Provide the credentials of the destination org.
Its all done, let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu
Thanks. 
I was wondering if there is simple way to do this. My org is big and I don't want to run in test methods issues or similar issues.

I will try with Eclipse or ant.
JLA.ovhJLA.ovh
The question was about Metadata + data. Eclipse and Ant do not cover Data, it is ok only for metadata, which is the easiest part
Correct. The question was about Metadata + data.
My thought is that there should be way to ask SF support to do this. But it seems to be not possible.
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
Eclipse I believe has the power to fetch data as well.. try to check some articles about using eclipse..