function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland 

Cases for Internal Help Desk Ticketing

The issue I have with this is the case could be for an employee that is not a Salesforce user, therefor they don't have a license.  I really don't want to load all employees as contacts and use contacts cause they're really not contacts.  Is anyone using Cases for Internal HD Ticketing system and if so, did you find a way to select an inactive user in a user lookup field from Cases? 

I've done something like this in the past with a custom controller that searched inactive users and a VF page, on the case there was a field with a url to click to open the VF page, you searched for the name and it searhed inacitve users and we related them that way.  Just looking to see how everyone else does this.  I would think Salesforce has something to offer since it has Service Cloud and promotes it as a Ticketing system in a way.
shashi lad 4shashi lad 4
Since you don't want to load those users in salesforce object, i would recommend to create a custom object and create lookup relation with case. Instead of using User lookup , you can use this new lookup field.

Did I understand it correctly?

shashi 
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland
I want to load them as users and they'll be inactive, since they're employees but not Salesforce users.  But the native lookup field to Users only allows you to select active users.