function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kent DavisKent Davis 

INVALID_FIELD: No such column

Hey Folks,
I'm using the SOAP API to enter Contacts into PropertyBase. My script is working except for a custom field called "Stage" I've created.

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [sf:INVALID_FIELD] INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'Contact.Stage__c' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. in /[REMOVED]/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php:499 Stack trace: #0 //[REMOVED]//soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php(499): SoapClient->__call('create', Array) #1 //[REMOVED]//soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php(499): SforceSoapClient->create(Object(stdClass)) #2 //[REMOVED]//soapclient/SforcePartnerClient.php(99): SforceBaseClient->_create(Object(stdClass)) #3 //[REMOVED]/.php(120): SforcePartnerClient->create(Array, 'Contact') #4 //[REMOVED]/.php(60): creat in //[REMOVED]//soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 499
As you can see I have a custom field called Contact.Stage__c that is not being recoginzed.

From all my research this has to do with "field level security" but everywhere I could find all the boxes are checked to "visible".

Where exactly should I be looking for these settings or what other things can I check?
Best Answer chosen by Kent Davis
Terence_ChiuTerence_Chiu
If this is a new field created after you had consumed the wsdl in your dev environment then you may need to regenerate the wsdl and re-consume it as the field definition will not be in the wsdl file generated prior to the field creation.

All Answers

Terence_ChiuTerence_Chiu
If this is a new field created after you had consumed the wsdl in your dev environment then you may need to regenerate the wsdl and re-consume it as the field definition will not be in the wsdl file generated prior to the field creation.

This was selected as the best answer
Kent DavisKent Davis
Solved.. thank you sir.