function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoom_VZoom_V 

From Email Address and Email Services

I am attempting to use an Email Alert to be sent to somebody, and would like their Reply to be sent through an Email Services. In order to make it as easy as possible, I would like for the outgoing email to the Email Services long email address to be the From. That way the user can just Reply to the email and it would automatically go through the Email Services. However, I can only use Organized-Wide verfied email addresses as the From when setting up an Email Alert.

Is there a way to use the Email Services as the From address ? This seems like something which should be very simple to do for the reasons I just gave. 
Best Answer chosen by Zoom_V
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi,

It is not possible to add Email services address in Org-Wide Emails, but for your problem, you can apply forward rule to the email address ( which is specified in From address ), there you can apply some filters that only specific reply emails will be forwarded to your Email service address.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu

All Answers

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Zoom_V,

Go here: Setup > Email Administration > Organization-Wide Email Addresses

You can set up email addresses and make them available to all or specific user profiles. Once verified, the address will be available as a from address for email alerts.

After than, also the default user for workflow is configured in workflow>settings

For more reference check this:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=orgwide_emailedit.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=orgwide_emailedit.htm&language=en_US)

Let me know, of you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu
Zoom_VZoom_V
Neetu,

Thank you for your input. 

Yes, I understand that is how to set up the Org-Wide email. But since the address is one which was created by Email Services it cannot be verified as a normal email address. That is where I would run into problems with it.
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi,

It is not possible to add Email services address in Org-Wide Emails, but for your problem, you can apply forward rule to the email address ( which is specified in From address ), there you can apply some filters that only specific reply emails will be forwarded to your Email service address.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu
This was selected as the best answer
Zoom_VZoom_V
oh, that's a great idea ! I didn't even think of that. Thank you very much Neetu !
Zoom_VZoom_V

@Neetu_Bansal : Perhaps I didn't quite understand what you said as a solution. I believe you were saying to set up the Email Alert so it  the Email Service so it could only accept email from one email - and then set up that email to forward all of its email to the Email Service address.

Is that correct ? Is that what you were using as a solution - or did I misinterpret that ? Because I am attempting that method and I believe I will ultimately end up with the same problem I originally had in that my email client (Gmail) also needs to send a verification to any address which I intend to forward to - but I won't be able to verify the Email Service email.

...or am I not understanding what you're suggesting...?

Thank you very much.

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi,

I was saying that you can add an email address, lets suppose this is a valid email id 'test.user@gmail.com' and you have added this in your Org wide Email addresses. Now in your gmail account, add the settings for auto forward the emails to the Email service you have created.

Now whenever a new email is received by the dummy email address, it automatically forward to email services and you can handle it.

Thanks,
Neetu
Jonathan Pachon ArizaJonathan Pachon Ariza
Hi Neetu_Bansal

I have the same problem, I tried the solution that you propose but when I create a Forwarding Address also asked me for the email confirmation some thing like when I create a Organization-Wide Email

Thank u
Regards
Consultant Vinay BothraConsultant Vinay Bothra

Yes, you can get it verified.

If you add that email as org-wide your class gets hit eventually. So you can get the verification mail if you just write a System.debug(email) in your class. 

Awesome, right?