function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan 

Create a global action

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem very similar to some people above. I have followed instructions and I am getting an error message:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
A predefined value is not defined for the 'Type' field or the 'Type' field was not added to the compact layout

User-added image

From all the previous communication on this thread it seems like I have done everything right but I am still getting this error.

Please help!!

Thanks,

​Raz Raslan
Best Answer chosen by Raz Raslan
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Raz Raslan,

I tested the same mutilpe time and you issue resolved automaticly. And got all 500 point.

User-added image

NOTE:- I deleted the Prospect picklist value from the type field and added the value again.
Now you can try again in your org

All Answers

Please check below two post. I hope that will help u
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BT2gIAG
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000BT2g

Please let us know if this will help you
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
Hi Amit,

Thank you for your reply.

Whilst those links are helpful I think my problem is slightly different. The error message is saying

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
A predefined value is not defined for the 'Type' field or the 'Type' field was not added to the compact layout"

I am quite confused about this because I have done everything right. And setting a predefined value is probably the easiest part of this task which I believe I have done correctly but it is still showing me an error message. I have deleted the "New Detailed Account" Global action multiple times and redone the task but it is still giving me the error message. 

I hope you can help

Thanks
Please share your screen shot.
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
Hi Amit,

Please find below my screen shots for both the error as well as the completed task

User-added image

User-added image

Thank you
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
here it is 

User-added image
your page layout look good to me. Do you have any record Type on account object ? If yes then please please try to delete that and try again.

Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
This is why I am so confused. I dont have a record type on account object and I have re-done this task 3 times following the instructions precisely. I am not sure why it keeps giving me this error message. Is it possible that there is a glitch?
If possible then please mail me your user Name and password . Let me check 
amit.salesforce21@gmail.com
Lorenzo ChiarenzaLorenzo Chiarenza
Hi Amit Chaudhary 8,
i have the same problem of Raz Raslan. 
I have re-done this task 3 times following the instructions precisely but the system answer me with the follow message:

"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action layout "

Can you help me?
Thank's!
Louise Cardwell StillerLouise Cardwell Stiller
I'm having the same issue but my error states: "Looks like something went wrong, Please Try again later."
Louise Cardwell StillerLouise Cardwell Stiller
After several attempts deleting, recreating, logging in and out my particular issue appears to have solved itself. 500 points and on I go!
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
After several attempts and even with the help of one of the Consultants...I still cannot complete this task! it is driving me mad. I have literally deleted and redone this task atleast 10 times and it is the only task left to complete the module.

If anyone can please help I would be forever grateful!!
Hi Raz Raslan,

I tested the same mutilpe time and you issue resolved automaticly. And got all 500 point.

User-added image

NOTE:- I deleted the Prospect picklist value from the type field and added the value again.
Now you can try again in your org

This was selected as the best answer
Raz RaslanRaz Raslan
Thanks for all your help Amit

Much appreciated!