function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RockerRocker 

unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Hello,

We are receiving an error when trying to integrate Oracle to Salesforce. While investigating this I found that the below BPEL web service is failing on one of our servers: SfdcAccount and SfdcUser

The error is in on a sfdc call - InvokeSfdcTimeStamp which calls the getServerTimestamp operation on SFDC

"exception on JaxRpc invoke: HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

From what I could find on this error it seems this has something to do with the certificate of the site we are trying to access not being properly installed in the server or  expired. Can someone please help me understand this error and tell me what we need to do to resolve it? Do we need to contact Oracle and request a new certificate?

Thanks,
Manuel Dangond