function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhanu ErraguntlaBhanu Erraguntla 

Issue in Trailhead for "Extending Reports using the AppExchange"

Hi All
I have installed the app from Appexchange as suggested and did all the changes required.
I am getting this error despite choosing the right field for the wedges "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'."
Can someone please check / suggest.
Thanks
​Bhanu
Best Answer chosen by Bhanu Erraguntla
Joseph JohnsonJoseph Johnson
Solved by

In the Dashboard "Component Editor"

I "Untoggled" box  " Use Chart as defined in source report"   

All Answers

Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
When you edit the dashboard, edit attributes for LEAD Trend by Source report and your wedges field should be set as Lead Source.

User-added image
Yes, did the same thing.  Strangely the error persists.

User-added image
Only thing I did not do was cloning the dashboard and using the existing one.  Don't think that should matter.
Thanks

Is your source report 'New LEADS Trend' for that dashbaord component ?
Yes.  I am using the same report

User-added image
I was referring to this:

User-added image
I don't have that report in the dashboard.  I presumed it was referring to 'New Leads trend by source' report only. The trailhead is now referring to the same.  I have added the New Leads trend but still seem to have the issue.  I guess it can be other issue, as I was using the right field setting up the wedges.  So I guess I am good.  - Thanks much

Not sure if we are getting right here....you have any way to show me your dashboard (live meeting/teamviewer) ?

I have skype.  Here is what I did
Installed the package
User-added image

Clicked view components, chose dashboard "3 - Sales & Marketing Adoption", and it displayed the reports (most of them in pictures below)

User-added image

User-added image

I have modified both the reports - New Trend by Source and New Leads trend and chose the "Lead Source" field for wedges, Which is visible in the pie graphs.  For some reason it is erroring out - any ideas are helpful.
Thanks
Bhanu
Erick DavisErick Davis
Thanks I had the same problem but finally figured out how to get to Component Editor and it worked.
Rishinath Babu Dhurvaas RajendranRishinath Babu Dhurvaas Rajendran
Hi Erick and Bhanu, I'm also getting the same error. i have New Lead Trend by Source pie graph showing good. please help to solve.
I also am having the same issue.  Any suggestion would be appreciated
Joe Johnson
Solved by

In the Dashboard "Component Editor"

I "Untoggled" box  " Use Chart as defined in source report"   

This was selected as the best answer
Hi Joe
Yes this has resolved the issue.
Thanks a bunch.
Bhanu

For the benefit of others - uncheck the "use chart as defined in source report" option and save the report.  Use this link in case of queries on the dashboard component editor : https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gv0DAAQ

Good luck

MONIKA PATLE 9MONIKA PATLE 9
Hi,

If you are stil not finding  "use chart as defined in source report" option classis salesforce. please uninstall package and install again for Admin only.
It worked for me...
Good Luck