function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmazonAmazon 

Reports Question - Object A, B and C

Can you pls help me in aswering...
Q) In a data model object A is related to object B, object B is related to object C. How will a you create a report to include fields of object A as well as object C?
a. Create a custom report type with A, B and C, and use it in the report
b. Report cannot be created
c. Create a custom report with A and C fields as relationships already exist
d. Create lookup relationships between A,B and C
Best Answer chosen by Amazon
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
I can guarantee you, the answer is A.

Here are the reasons (you'll find extra info on this)
• B is not a possible answer, because you can create custom report type and also if an object has relationship to other object via master or lookup relationship, there is a pre-defined standard report type that will be automatically created.
• C is not a possible answer no defined relationship between Object A and Object C
• D is not a possible answer, creating a lookup relationship will destroy the original data model.

Strong Assurance
• A is possible because when creating a custom report type, you have the option to add or remove the fields of the related child object by editing the custom report type's layout.

Source:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_report_type_layouts.htm

:D hope that helps  ^_____________^

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran

A possible answer is B since the information given is not enough to guarantee a report type can have A and C in it.

So, strictly speakly B is probably the most correct answer since there is not enough information to choose A.

But Unless this is a trick question, the answer could be  A.

if there is a relationship, you can create a report type assuming A is parent of B which is parent of C.

but with the information given, I would go with B to be safe.

Thx.
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
I can guarantee you, the answer is A.

Here are the reasons (you'll find extra info on this)
• B is not a possible answer, because you can create custom report type and also if an object has relationship to other object via master or lookup relationship, there is a pre-defined standard report type that will be automatically created.
• C is not a possible answer no defined relationship between Object A and Object C
• D is not a possible answer, creating a lookup relationship will destroy the original data model.

Strong Assurance
• A is possible because when creating a custom report type, you have the option to add or remove the fields of the related child object by editing the custom report type's layout.

Source:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_report_type_layouts.htm

:D hope that helps  ^_____________^

This was selected as the best answer