function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bperry8086bperry8086 

Trailhead - Creating components - can't create Lightning page tab

I'm working on the Creating Components challenge.  I'm trying to create a Lightning Page tab for the lighning component I've already created.  The only choice under "Lightning Page" is "none".

Needless to say, I get the following error when I check the challenge:  "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'MyLightning' Lightning Component tab was not found. "

How do I get my component to appear as a choice for "Lightning Page"?  I've got "implements="force:appHostable" in the markup.  What else needs to happen?

BTW, I can't even start to create a Lightning Page tab in Chrome.  I click "new" and nothing happens.
simon Govaert 9simon Govaert 9

Hi :^)

I came across the same error. Did you make sure you had Enable Lightning Components in Salesforce1 (BETA) selected in Develop | Lightning Components ?

Afterwards in Create | Tabs there should be a Lightning Component Tabs​ suited for the following.

Let me know if it helped in any way

Stephen Stark 6Stephen Stark 6
For anyone who is still trying to solve this issue, you should deploy your domain to users under Administer, Domain, My Domain. That way you will log into the domain when you connect through the trailhead. Hope this helps.