function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cldavecldave 

HL_ENCODED Error on a Formula field with multiple hyperlinks

Hi I have a formula field containing multiple Hyperlinks(12 to be exact), and it seems I hit some kind of limit or bug

This formula field  was working fine, until i just added 2 new hyperlinks (last 2 lines). Now instead of those last 2 hyperlinks i see an HL_ENCODED... text 

By removing any 2 links and saving the formula it works... Is there some kind of limit on how many hyperlinks I can show in the same field?

It seems to me it cannot display more than 10 hyperlinks in the same formual field...

Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it? (without splitting the hyperlynks in 2 different fields...)

Thank you in advance,
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
Hi dave..

there is no documentation yet about the HyperLink limits in salesforce. It's a good finding.. you may post it to the IdeaExchange for the request of increasing the limit.. I have replicated it and yes, it is only allowing me to put 10 hyperlinks in one formula field...
cldavecldave
Thank you for confirming issue Jayson. I raised a case with SF but it seems they do not classify it as a bug, but a limitation that is not documented. 
As well FYI i was able to make 11 hyperlinks max, by removing the double line break i had in place. With single line break i wa sable to fit 11. So not really sure if limit is actually on the hyperlinks or hyperlinks + line break?