function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sian WooldridgeSian Wooldridge 

Opportunity Product Custom Field for Dashboard Total

Hi all,

Our dashboard rely's on a custom field that add's product totals that we want to subtract from the dashboard total. We call this field 'subtracted values'. That field is made from custom field with a roll-up summary and filter criteria. The filter criteria included the product codes we want to exclude from the dashboard (opportunity) totals. This custom field relies on another custom field but we can not find where the root of this field is nor how to update it. Without being able to update it, it continues to pull old product codes from somewhere so we are not getting the correct sum's coming through onto the dashboard, therefore we can't product a working dashboard, which is a bit of a business critical issue. Salesforce premier support staff set this up with a staff member who has now left, yet the support staff are telling me they are not able to help retract the steps. I'm not sure how to explain it more clearly, but I'm happy to show someone if they think they know how to get to the bottom of it. Thanks!
Adam CoppinAdam Coppin
Hi Sian,

So I think you're asking for help identifying the location of a custom field's originating data?

If so, you should be able to trace the source of data by editing the fields of the object that contains "subtracted values" and editing the custom field in question.  When you edit it, it should show you which object and which field of that object the information is being pulled from.

Specifically, if you edit the field, in the 3rd section down titled "Select Object to Summarize" you should be able to see the Summarized Object and the Roll Up Type section below that should tell you exactly which field you're pulling in.

Hope this helps - happy to try to assist further if this still doesn't get you where you need to be!

Adam