function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
joseph keuler 1joseph keuler 1 

Routing Records with Approvals - Exercise

So I keep getting the error:  The process did not set the correct Type value when approval outcome is Approved

see my attached setup.  

1) I added the options to the type account object
2) have the logic set on teh approval
3) have the field update options set to Pending for Intial, Customer for approval, Prospect for Rejections

Any ideas?User-added image
Best Answer chosen by joseph keuler 1
It appears it was an issue with 1 too many Approval steps (despite them being the same).  I haven't figured out how to delete those so I just created a new approval process.

All Answers

Ganesh HembramGanesh Hembram
Hi Joseph,

In the Approval Process, "Approval Steps" was not assigned properly. Please check the below.
As per the challenge, you need to assign yourself to the approver.
User-added image
For changing the Approval Steps.
1. click Edit
2. In the "Specify Step Criteria", select 'All records should enter this step.'
3. In the "Select Assigned Approver", select 'Automatically assign to approver(s).' and assign yourself.User-added image

Hope this helps you.
Thank you for responding.  I have it set up like that (see attached screenshot).  However, I do have two of those approvals.  I cannot delete one of those approval steps. 

I've attached a screenshot showing my configurations for those approvals and that I have two approvals.  Is my configuration okay and how can I get rid of one of those approvals? 
It appears it was an issue with 1 too many Approval steps (despite them being the same).  I haven't figured out how to delete those so I just created a new approval process.
This was selected as the best answer
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
These videos show the solution to this challenge.

Salesforce Classic ===========> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMma9HUz6U

Lightning Experience =========>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-sCXGcHBxs