function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michaela PrambsMichaela Prambs 

Table in custom object

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know how to insert a table into my custom object with a fixed first column, in total 5 columns and 7 rows.

Thank you for your help!
Jithin Krishnan 2Jithin Krishnan 2
Hi Michaela,
Could you please elaborate on your requirement? Are you trying to display some fields in a tabular format?

Thanks!
Hi Jithin,

the table should look like this:
table
The grey fields are static, the rest should be able to be filled out from our sales reps.
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Michaela,

Although salesforce have standard layouts to insert data into the custom object, like when you create a custom object with custom fields and after that you need to create custom tab for that custom object, after that you will be able to insert data.

If you want to bulk insert data, you have the option of dataloader, but if you want to create screen like above, you can do that using visualforce page.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
Neetu
Hi Neetu,

hm alright. Do you know where I can get the code for building a table in Visualforce? And also for creating for example a VF page where I can insert pictures and for fields which our customers can fill out with their name, address etc.?

Thank you.

Michaela
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Michaela,

Use the below link for some initial guidance:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_quick_start_iteration_components.htm

If you want me to develop this visualforce page for you, you can contact me on my personal id.
Gmail Id: neetu.bansal.5@gmail.com
Skype Id: neetu.bansal.5

Thanks,
Neetu
Max WellMax Well
Did you get the result? I also want to have that kind of table in our custom object
Max WellMax Well
Please help me