function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

my team's opportunity means what ? in reports

Hello,

When i create report for opportunities,
There is a option call show "my team's opportunity".

Does this include the people i am manager of , or is it related to role heirarchy.

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
When running an opportunities report, you have several choices in the standard filter area that allow you to choose what types of records should be searched. If your company is using the Opportunity Team Selling feature of salesforce.com, your options increase. The list below identifies what each choice means and how it affects the scope of your search.

My Opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities you OWN.

My Team-selling opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities where you are on the SALES TEAM.

My Team-selling and my own Opportunities:
Searches BOTH the opportunities you OWN and the opportunities where you are on the SALES TEAM.

My Team's Opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities OWNED by you and the users who report to you in the role hierarchy.

My Team's Team-selling and their Opportunities:
Searches the opportunities OWNED by you and the users that report to you in the role hierarchy, as well as opportunities where you or the users who report to you in the role hierarchy are on the SALES TEAM.

All Opportunities:
Searches ALL visible opportunities.

All Answers

When running an opportunities report, you have several choices in the standard filter area that allow you to choose what types of records should be searched. If your company is using the Opportunity Team Selling feature of salesforce.com, your options increase. The list below identifies what each choice means and how it affects the scope of your search.

My Opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities you OWN.

My Team-selling opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities where you are on the SALES TEAM.

My Team-selling and my own Opportunities:
Searches BOTH the opportunities you OWN and the opportunities where you are on the SALES TEAM.

My Team's Opportunities:
Searches ONLY the opportunities OWNED by you and the users who report to you in the role hierarchy.

Searches the opportunities OWNED by you and the users that report to you in the role hierarchy, as well as opportunities where you or the users who report to you in the role hierarchy are on the SALES TEAM.

All Opportunities:
Searches ALL visible opportunities.
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
If i need all the opportunities, below me,
Who all are below me in role heirarchy, It mans i have to use below

?But I dont understand, "are on the SALES TEAM." ?
Can you eloborate this line or should i ignore it

sales teams are nothing but your opportunity teams
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Opportunity Teams
Avoid duplicate opportunity records created by each member of a sales team. Instead, create an Opportunity Team so that all the members of a team can access the same record. Enabling Opportunity Splits also lets you use opportunity splitting to share credit among team members
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=salesteam_def.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=salesteam_def.htm&language=en_US)

Opportunity Teams aren’t the same as Account Teams, although they share the same set of available team member roles. Opportunity Teams work together on opportunities, while Account Teams work together on accounts
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_teamselling.htm

Setting Your Default Opportunity Team
An opportunity team is a group of users that typically work together on opportunities. For example, the opportunity team may include the account manager, the sales engineer, and the sales representative. Your default opportunity team should include the users that you normally work with on the opportunities that you own. You can specify the role that each user plays on your team and the specific access that each user should have to your opportunities
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=user_salesteam.htm&language=en (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=user_salesteam.htm&language=en)

Add Members to an Opportunity Team
1) Open the opportunity and navigate to the Opportunity Team related list, then click Add.
2) Enter the member’s name in the User column. If the partner portal is enabled, choose whether the member is a Partner User or User, and then enter the member’s name.
3) When you add an opportunity team member, the member is automatically granted read access to the associated account.
4) Select the member’s opportunity team role.
5) Select the member’s opportunity access level. The access level can’t be less than your organization’s default opportunity sharing access.
6) Specify values for any custom fields that your administrator has created for opportunity teams.
7) Click Save.

Run the Opportunities with Opportunity Teams report to list the opportunity team members for the opportunities owned by you or users below you in the role hierarchy. The report also shows information about opportunities you own and opportunity teams to which you belong, including any opportunity splits.

http://certifiedondemand.com/overview-of-account-teams-opportunity-teams-in-salesforce/

Please let me know if this will help  you

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
Johnny KrogsbollJohnny Krogsboll
On this same note, i would like to make a list of all opportunities that DOES NOT have "Role 1" or "Role 2" in the opportunity team.

I am using the filters, and have "if NOT contain" then "Role 1" "Role 2" - When "Role1" or "Role 2" is NOT first in the Opportunity list then the opportunity is listed in my report over Opportunities - I dont want to see the opportunity, I want to make a list of oppertunities that i can act on and make decisions on. 

How to make a ist of opportunites that gives me a list where "role 1" or "role 2" in NOT a part of the oppertunity? 

Kind reg Johnny