function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin HorwitzKevin Horwitz 

Workflow with Email Alerts

I'm trying to create a Workflow to send an Email Alert and update a field when a field equals a specific #.  Here's the full situation:

I need to send out a series of e-mail alerts based on the difference between a date field (Expire_date__c) and today's date.  This # is calculated by a formula the date_diff__c field.  When an e-mail is sent, I want the 'Renewal_email_count__c' field to increase by 1 (starts at 0, then goes to 1, then 2, etc) every time this rule triggers.   

Anyway, let's talk about the first e-mail that should trigger.  When the Date Diff field equals 90, I want the e-mail alert to go out and to add 1 to the Renewal Email Count field.  However, I can't seem to get it to trigger automatically.  By that I mean that if I let the Date Diff field calculate 'naturally' by having 91 days change to 90 days at midnight, nothing happens.  However, I can go into the record, change the Expire Date so that the Date Diff will equal 90, save it, and everything will trigger.

I've even taken it a step further and put in a '90 Days' checkbox that gets checked when the Date Diff field equals 90 and then tied the workflow to whether the 90 Days checkbox is checked.  Still nothing.  

Help!