function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Munira MajmundarMunira Majmundar 

Working on 'Automating Case Management' on Trailhead's Service Cloud Module - need help with escalation rule

Would like to learn how to generate escalation rule that triggers 30 minutes after the case is opened.  Need some guidance.  Is there a walk through or a sample example that I can look at and then learn?  

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Munira
Best Answer chosen by Munira Majmundar
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Create a queue with the name ‘Booyah’ for the Cases object.
User-added image
Create an assignment rule with the name ‘Assign Booyah’ to route cases to that queue
User-added image
The assignment rule should route cases where the Description contains ‘Booyah’.
User-added image
Add an escalation rule with the name ‘Booyah’ to escalate cases.
User-added image
The escalation rule should escalate cases not closed after 30 minutes, based on when the case is created, and should use business hours specified on the case.
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

All Answers

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/service_basics/service_basics_automate_case_management
Create a Case Queue

Let’s say that you’ve got a team of support agents who need to manage a shared workload of cases for Platinum Support—your company’s premier support level. These cases are from customers who pay big money to get the best service. To help your agents locate and work off this list of important cases from high-priority customers, we’ll create a queue.

1) From Setup, click Manage Users | Queues and then click New.
2) Type a Label and Name for the queue, such as Platinum Support.
3) If you want the support agents included in the queue to receive an email when a new case arrives, leave Queue Email blank. Otherwise, type an email address to notify a person or persons with the email address when each new case arrives.
4) Add Case to Selected Objects.
5) Add members, including yourself, to the queue and click Save.
Now that the queue is created, let’s check it out as if we were support agents. We can get there with a few clicks.
6) Click the Cases tab.
7) From the list, choose Platinum Support and click Go!
Here’s the queue, which is empty at this time.

Add an Assignment Rule
1) From Setup, click Cases | Assignment Rules and then click New.
2) Type, Awesome Admin Assignment, and click Save.
3) Select the rule you just created, and next to Rule Entries, click New.
Here’s where we add the little details that determine case assignment.
4) In Sort Order, type 1 so that the entry we add is processed first. After all, we’re dealing with awesome admins here. In the real world, you’d create one assignment rule with many different entries, which are processed in chronological order. When a case matches an entry, it’s assigned without proceeding to other entries. Won and done!
For entry criteria, select “Contact: Title equals Awesome Admin.”
5) One of the many useful things about case assignment rules is that you can determine how cases are assigned based on fields from records other than cases. For instance, we’re choosing case assignment based on a contact field, but we could also choose case assignment based on fields from accounts, assets, or users.

6) Add yourself as the User assigned to the rule entry.
7) In Email Template, click the lookup and choose Support: New Assignment Notification, so that you receive an email whenever a case from an awesome admin is assigned to you.

Define When Cases Escalate
1) From Setup, click Customize | Cases | Escalation Rules and then click New.
2) Type Silver Support, then click Active and Save. Activating a rule deactivates any existing active rules.
3) Select the rule you just created, and click New to add a rule entry.
Here’s where we add the details that determine when the case gets escalated.
4) In Sort Order, type 1 so that the entry we add is processed first. In the real world, you’d create one escalation rule with many different entries, which are processed in chronological order. When a customer issue comes in and is converted to a case, it’s assigned based on the first entry it matches.
5) For entry criteria, select “Case: Status equals New.”
Similar to other rules, you can determine automatic case escalation based on fields from records other than cases.
6) Set business hours to your organization’s default 24/7 support.
7) Set that escalation times are based on when cases are created.
8) Click Save, then New to add an escalation action.
9) In Age Over, enter 5.

Hello Amit:

Checked your blog, very impressive.

Is there a way for me to send you a screen shot to pin point specific type of help I need?

Thanks,
Munira
Hello Amit: I think I can attach a file here. Bullet point # 5 (see attached) [image: Inline image 1] Step # 2 [image: Inline image 2] Thanks! Munira
Create a queue with the name ‘Booyah’ for the Cases object.
User-added image
Create an assignment rule with the name ‘Assign Booyah’ to route cases to that queue
User-added image
The assignment rule should route cases where the Description contains ‘Booyah’.
User-added image
Add an escalation rule with the name ‘Booyah’ to escalate cases.
User-added image
The escalation rule should escalate cases not closed after 30 minutes, based on when the case is created, and should use business hours specified on the case.
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
This was selected as the best answer
Amit: Attach pl. find a word doc I prepared pin point the point on which I need help. Thanks a bunch, Regards, Munira
Amit.... Beautiful!!  It worked!  I am working on my ADM201 and I think this piece was a bit advance for me as I have not worked with Escalation Rule yet.  But thanks, very much!  Now I know what to expect and how it works :)  I am going to read up on queues, assignment rule and escalation rule to understand it a bit deeper.
Thanks again, Amit. I already marked Like on your reply :) Your help was very helpful... !! Regards, Munira
Amit: I did mark like on the topic. Pl. let me know if you are unable to see it. Regards, Munira
ShamalShamal
Munira,
Did you complete this Challenge? Did the solution from Amit work?
Kate KitchoKate Kitcho
Shamal,

I completed the challenge with the help of Amit's solution so yes, it does work.
Irina Hayrapetyan 1Irina Hayrapetyan 1
Escalationrule should be ‘Booyah’ and it should escalate cases not closed after 30 minutes, based on when the case is created. May be we shouls us Formula?
Thank you for your response.
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
This video shows the solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGwgMULIXwE
Andra WilkinAndra Wilkin
I keep getting this error - No queue for the Case object was found - however I have set up as per instructions .... so what is not working?

Fabio Soave 1Fabio Soave 1
@Andra Have you found a solution?
Justin SlagleJustin Slagle
@Andra + @Fabio,
       Have you been able to work around your errors?   I'm having a similar issue, where it states, "The assignment rule 'Assign Panel1' was not found for cases or it is not active".  But it *is* there, and it *is* active.  Seems like the trailhead glitched - I'm 99% sure I set this up exactly as the instruction stated.  
Hendrik Meiwes 8Hendrik Meiwes 8
@Justin same for me. I did everything correct, but the error comes up. Definitely an error on Salesforce's side.
Dakota LobergerDakota Loberger

@fabio + @Justin
I think I was having the same issue and I just figured it out. I think it was unclear wording after the switch to lightning and help in this page seems to mostly be pre-lightning.

I found I needed to change step 3 in the 'Case Assignment Rules' from 'User' to 'Queue' and then use the lookup to connect it to the 'Panel1' queue. Maybe that is it for you as well? I hope this helps!