function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Grace Patiño PérezGrace Patiño Pérez 

visualforce search filters with operators

Hello everyone! hope you are fine :)

Right now I´m developing a page that contains filters like the add campaign members:
User-added image
I do almost everything, but I still have problems with the filters, because the costumer wants the same behavior that have that page. I need to render the operators for the specific data type selected and if it is a look up I must allow the user to search with the magnifying glass button.

If somebody has a good idea or had a similar code, please lend me know it, I'm desperate.

Thank you so much! :)

Have a nice day!
William TranWilliam Tran
Grace,

It will be A LOT of work.

Reproducing this OOTB feature is not easy.  

You will need to dynamically change the operator and value based on the selected field.

for example base on the datatype (which you need to get), you will need to return a specific operator list (which is lot of work in itself).

Now you need logic to handle each of the operator, = > < <= >=, not equal, begins with, contains etc. (this is a lot of work too)

You will also need to dynamically change the field type (so the hour glass so up) - not a trivial feat.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks

Last, if you really do need this feature, feel free to email me and we can discuss options.  
HareHare
@Grace Patiño Pérez  Have you implemented this functnality i need same please help me if you implemented.

Thanks,
abhilash reddy 49abhilash reddy 49
@Grace Patiño Pérez  Have you implemented this functnality i need same please help me if you implemented.

Thanks