function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pankaj IRTPankaj IRT 

Insert event field in email template

I want to displqy events field on email template. so plz help me or suggest what can i do to print any of field may be standard or custom in email template
Gyanender SinghGyanender Singh
Hi Pankaj,

As you are inserting event field in the email template, So select Event Fields form the Select Field Type and select the event standard and custom field from the Select Field and copy the field from Copy Merge Field Value and paste that field in the email template.As show in the screen shot:

User-added image
Pankaj IRTPankaj IRT
I already did that dear but it is not display there in template. when we use it

Gyanender SinghGyanender Singh
In Event field descritpion is the Long Text Area but it show as the normal field but you create the new event and if you create the new custom field in the activity custom field the there is not any option to create Long Text Area field , so its for this reason it should not be visible in the email template.
Pankaj IRTPankaj IRT
No Dear I just want to print Start date of event in email template. 
Kristin Cecil 7Kristin Cecil 7
@pankaj IRT
Did you ever get an answer to your question.  We are in the same spot.  We have a button on the Event page layout to open an email template with Event Merge fields and they are not being populated.
Terry McCarronTerry McCarron
Any resoluntion on this?  I'd love insight into whether the Events fields can be used to create confirmation emails...

David Roberts 4David Roberts 4
Me too!
<p class=MsoNormal>Hi {!Contact.FirstName},</p> Shows
<p>{!Account.BillingAddress}</p> Shows
<p>{!Event.Location_Copy__c}<p> Doesn't Show
<p>{!Event.Subject}<p> Doesn't Show
<p>{!NullValue(Event.StatDateTime, "[should show activity date]")}</p> Shows [should show activity date]
So it seems the event object isn't available to the email.
David Roberts 4David Roberts 4
see also https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000DDszIAG