function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary PayneGary Payne 

Process Builder Create Record action cannot complete due to Validation Rule

We have a Create Record action in a Process Builder that is prevented from completing due to a Validation Rule.  The Create Record action is supposed to be creating a custom Request for Proposal (RFP) record that includes populating a Product field with the value of the Opportunity's Product.  If the product is "CPI", the Validation Rule is used to ensure another field on the RFP is filled in with a picklist value.  Is there a way to allow the RFP record to be created and still have the Validation Rule be active?
Best Answer chosen by Gary Payne
Gary PayneGary Payne
Thanks Sanjay for the quick reply.  Instead of your suggestion I was able to use the ISNEW() formula added into my Validation Rule that allows the record to be created without triggering the Validation Rule.

All Answers

Sanjay Mulagada 11Sanjay Mulagada 11
I could think of two options.
  • I would say you either need to update that required picklist field while creating the Record.
  • Create a hidden field (checkbox) to check the checkbox when record is created(using your current Process Builder) and use that checkbox in your validation rule to not trigger when the checkbox is checked.
Gary PayneGary Payne
Thanks Sanjay for the quick reply.  Instead of your suggestion I was able to use the ISNEW() formula added into my Validation Rule that allows the record to be created without triggering the Validation Rule.
This was selected as the best answer
Sanjay Mulagada 11Sanjay Mulagada 11
Hey Gary, I thought of ISNEW() function as well but then I thought there maybe a case where you might manually create a record and this validation will not fire in such cases. But glad you figured it out !