function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abraham kumarAbraham kumar 

Test class gives 62% coverage

HI All,

Please help me for test class for the below Trigger im getting just 62% coverage 
trigger ContactTrig on Account(after update) {
List<Contact> ListContact = new List<Contact>();
Set<ID> acctIds = new set<ID>();
    for(Account acct : trigger.new) {
        if(Trigger.oldMap.get(acct.id).Name != acct.Name){
             acctIds.add(acct.Id);
        }
    }
    if(acctIds.size() > 0){
        for(Contact con : [SELECT id,Email,FirstName,LastName,phone,Title__c,Account.Name,status__c, AccountId FROM Contact WHERE AccountId IN : acctIds AND RecordTypeid = '034D0000000CVERt']){
          WebServiceCallout.sendNotification(con.Id,con.Email,con.FirstName,con.LastName,con.phone,con.Title__c,con.Account.Name,con.status__c);
        }
    }

}

My Test class is as below
@istest
public class ContactTrig2TestClass{
 static void Accountcreate(){
Account c =new Account();
c.Name = 'Testcon';
c.Type = 'Agency';
insert c;
c.Name = 'Testcontract';
update c;
}
 }

Many Thanks
Abraham

Best Answer chosen by Abraham kumar
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please try to inclease the code coverage of below class. I hope that will increase over all code coverage.
WebServiceCallout

You can install below App Exchange product to see each test class code coverage .
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000DXzlpEAD

Above App will give you code coverage if each class. Then please work on that apex class where code coverage is less then 75

NOTE:- For deployment your overall Code coverage should be 75%. In this it will include all Apex classes and Trigger in your org.

All Answers

Ketankumar PatelKetankumar Patel
Did you try creating contact sample data?

@istest
public class ContactTrig2TestClass{
Account c =new Account();
c.Name = 'Testcon';
c.Type = 'Agency';
insert c;

//create contact sample data
Contact con = new Contact();
con.LastName = 'test';
con.RecordTypeid = '034D0000000CVERt';
con.AccountId = c.Id;

insert Con;

c.Name = 'Testcontract';
update c;
}
 }

James LoghryJames Loghry
Yep.  Looks like you need to create one or more contacts (after you create the account, but before you update the account).  Also, I would query for the record type by its developername field rather than hard coding the ID in there, in case the Id is different between your sandbox and production environments.
I am Agree with James comment Please remove hard coding of if it will fail once you will deploy change in proudction. For record Type id you can use below query

List<RecordType> lstRecordType = [select id,name from recordType where sObjectType ='Contact' and Name ='XYZ' limit 1]

con.LastName = 'test';
if(lstRecordType.size() > 0 )
{
con.RecordTypeid = lstRecordType[0].id;
}
con.AccountId = acc.Id;
insert Con;

Please try below code.
@istest
public class ContactTrigTest
{
	static testMethod void checkContactTrig ()
	{
		Account acc =new Account();
		acc.Name = 'Testcon';
		acc.Type = 'Agency';
		insert acc;

con.LastName = 'test';
		con.RecordTypeid = '034D0000000CVERt';
		con.AccountId = acc.Id;
		insert Con;

acc.Name = 'Testcontract';
		update acc;
	}
 }

Please check below post. I hope that will  help u
http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.in/search/label/Test%20Class

Please follow below salesforce Best Practice for Test Classes :-

1. Test class must start with @isTest annotation if class class version is more than 25
2. Test environment support @testVisible , @testSetUp as well
3. Unit test is to test particular piece of code working properly or not .
4. Unit test method takes no argument ,commit no data to database ,send no email ,flagged with testMethod keyword .
5. To deploy to production at-least 75% code coverage is required
6. System.debug statement are not counted as a part of apex code limit.
7. Test method and test classes are not counted as a part of code limit
9. We should not focus on the  percentage of code coverage ,we should make sure that every use case should covered including positive, negative,bulk and single record .
Single Action -To verify that the the single record produces the correct an expected result .
Bulk action -Any apex record trigger ,class or extension must be invoked for 1-200 records .
Positive behavior : Test every expected behavior occurs through every expected permutation , i,e user filled out every correctly data and not go past the limit .
Negative Testcase :-Not to add future date , Not to specify negative amount.
Restricted User :-Test whether a user with restricted access used in your code .10. Test class should be annotated with @isTest .
11 . @isTest annotation with test method  is equivalent to testMethod keyword .
12. Test method should static and no void return type .
13. Test class and method default access is private ,no matter to add access specifier .
14. classes with @isTest annotation can't be a interface or enum .
15. Test method code can't be invoked by non test request .
16. Stating with salesforce API 28.0 test method can not reside inside non test classes .
17. @Testvisible annotation to make visible private methods inside test classes.
18. Test method can not be used to test web-service call out . Please use call out mock .
19. You can't  send email from test method.
20.User, profile, organization, AsyncApexjob, Corntrigger, RecordType, ApexClass, ApexComponent ,ApexPage we can access without (seeAllData=true) .
21. SeeAllData=true will not work for API 23 version eailer .
22. Accessing static resource test records in test class e,g List<Account> accList=Test.loadData(Account,SobjectType,'ResourceName').
23. Create TestFactory class with @isTest annotation to exclude from organization code size limit .
24. @testSetup to create test records once in a method  and use in every test method in the test class .
25. We can run unit test by using Salesforce Standard UI,Force.com IDE ,Console ,API.
26. Maximum number of test classes run per 24 hour of period is  not grater of 500 or 10 multiplication of test classes of your organization.
27. As apex runs in system mode so the permission and record sharing are not taken into account . So we need to use system.runAs to enforce record sharing .
28. System.runAs will not enforce user permission or field level permission .
29. Every test to runAs count against the total number of DML issued in the process .

Please let us know if this post will help you

Hi James and Amit,
       Thank you soo much for your help. i was in a hurry with this trigger so i put it directly with record type id, As the record type already exists in production i guess it wont be a problem this time, however should change it  next time.
Now i made changes to the test class as below which gives 87%(7/8)code coverage but when i validate my org im getting CODE COVERAGE ERROR with 74% total coverage just need 1% to Deploy can you please let me know what needs to be done to get this 1% to deploy. Im stuck here. Please share your Thoughts 
@istest
public class Contactcallout2TestClass{
@istest
Account a =new Account();
a.Name = 'abc';
a.Type = 'Agency';
a.ShippingStreet = 'test';
a.ShippingCity = 'test';
a.ShippingPostalCode = 'tw31aq';
insert a;
a.Name = 'abcd';
update a;
contact c =new contact();
c.Email = 'abc@wipro.com';
c.Salutation = 'Mr';
c.FirstName = 'Abraham';
c.LastName = 'Daniel';
c.type__c = 'Agency';
c.status__c= 'Active';
insert c;
    }
    }

Many Thanks
Abraham

Please try to inclease the code coverage of below class. I hope that will increase over all code coverage.
WebServiceCallout

You can install below App Exchange product to see each test class code coverage .
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000DXzlpEAD

Above App will give you code coverage if each class. Then please work on that apex class where code coverage is less then 75

NOTE:- For deployment your overall Code coverage should be 75%. In this it will include all Apex classes and Trigger in your org.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Amit,

Yes the app Looks amazing, Ill try it out.

Thanks for your help.
Abraham