function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chaitanya Krishna 19chaitanya Krishna 19 

Partner Portal Authentication

Hi Team

How actually the authentication takes place in partner portal...  And how to authenticate a user in partner portal with custom contollers... 

Best Answer chosen by chaitanya Krishna 19
Rajiv Penagonda 12Rajiv Penagonda 12
Partner Portals are by design built such that your controllers are hit after the user is authenticated. What is the exact use-case where you are required to authenticate from within your controller?

Do you need this feature for logging in to portal from within your site?

All Answers

Partner Portals are by design built such that your controllers are hit after the user is authenticated. What is the exact use-case where you are required to authenticate from within your controller?

Do you need this feature for logging in to portal from within your site?
This was selected as the best answer
Hey Rajiv,

Scenario is i am developing a partner portal community  which will have multiple partners. i need to authenticate them to logging into portal , if they select forgot password link an automatic email should be sent to registerd email of the user. 

i am new to this portal implementation. so very confused like how to authenticate the users and where the user credentials will get stored.

Kinldy help me on this issue
I am confused now. Are you using "Partner Portal" feature or "Communities" feature to implement this? Your approach could vary depending on which one it is.
Hey Rajiv,

i am using partner portal. And i got the solution for my query....
Thank you