function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jack VolkovJack Volkov 

Set Flow Offset Unit in Minutes?

How can a Flow's Wait Logic Offset Unit be set in minutes?  Is there a way to convert hours or days to minutes using decimals?  For example does 0.1 = 6 minutes?

User-added image
Jack VolkovJack Volkov
This ended up working out:
  1. Create a datetime formula to equal to 55 minutes ago like {!$Flow.CurrentDateTime} - (1/26.2)
  2. Name this datetime formula something that is easy to understand like MinutesAgo55
  3. In the Wait step, under Event Conditions, use this formula as the Base Time then set the Offset Number to 1 and the Offset Unit to Hours
Like so:
Wait Step image

This causes wait period to be about 5 minutes from when the flow starts.
Leandro Valdes VieraLeandro Valdes Viera
Hi, I have read before that although this is mathematically correct, it isn't guaranteed to work all the time? I tried following this and having the wait time be less than 1 minute and couldn't get it to work, it was always at least 1 minute and a few seconds.
Anyone has any insight on how to make this work consistently?
Jon Polster 13Jon Polster 13

Wanted to post this solve for anyone who has a requirement to delay a flow for minutes. The above posts helped me, but they did not work. The following works:

• Create a date/time formula in the format documented below. The first number in (50/24/60) will be subtracted from 60mins. So in this example 60-50 = 10 minute delay.
  • Create a pause in the flow for +1 hour, using your formula as the base time.
  • Observe the delay in the created and last modified timestamps

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

Rahul Aggarwal 36Rahul Aggarwal 36
I dont understand why we are going for offset 1 , when we have to run process after 5 min , just add 5 min in current time , and use that as basetime with offset 0
Rebecca Czyz 6Rebecca Czyz 6
Scratching my head on this. how is 55 minutes 1/26.2? trying to use this for 45 minutes. 

Thanks!
EGA FuturaEGA Futura
https://unofficialsf.com/convert-date-to-datetime-flow-action/