function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jkcjkc 

Managed Package - Page Layout

Hi,

I created a managed package and included the Account's page layout but when I install the package to another developer org the Account's page layout is not updated.

Is there a way to automatically add custom components in the page layout or is it really not allowed?

Best Answer chosen by jkc
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
When you add a page layout to a managed package, that will not overwrite the existing account layout page, instead it will be deployed as a new layout (possibly with the same name). The administrator of the subscriber org (the one that you install the package into) needs to assign your page layout to record types/profiles etc. Then when you upgrade the layout, anything assigned to that layout will have the changes applied.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
When you add a page layout to a managed package, that will not overwrite the existing account layout page, instead it will be deployed as a new layout (possibly with the same name). The administrator of the subscriber org (the one that you install the package into) needs to assign your page layout to record types/profiles etc. Then when you upgrade the layout, anything assigned to that layout will have the changes applied.
This was selected as the best answer
jkcjkc
Thank you Bob :)
Bansal 4Bansal 4
I Have two page layout for custom object in managed package. I want to remove one layout among them, so I used metadata api to delete layout. and it worked on my dev org. But on installed org, both layout were still there. Should I add any other permission or something for that subscriber org(where package is installed), so that metadata api will work.

Please suggest me on same.