function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DekorDekor 

Daylight savings automatically adjusting in salesforce?

Ok, been directed here by support so hoping someone can help.

Basically noticed that our case milestones were violating outside our set business hours.  After a lot of head scratching the only conclusion was that our timezone on the business hours in use by the entitlement processes were set to GMT.  I have changed this to BST (British Summer Time) to prevent more out of hours violations.

I have asked support if having it set to BST would mean that come Autumn salesforce will automatically revert back an hour in line with daylight savings.  They have said this does not occur and you have to manually change the timezone each time daylight savings occurs.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?  Seems like something so basic that I can't believe its not in the system. 
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Dekor,
 Yes when the Daylight savings time starts, you will see 1-hour difference because the salesforce automatically adjusts the timezone when Daylight saving starts. Suppose your timezone is set to PST(Pacific Standard Time) before the daylight savings time starts & then it will be adjusted to PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) when Day Light Saving effect Starts.

Hope this helps.
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
Dekor, 

You need to change time zone of user it does not reflect day light saving automatically.

Thanks
Sandeep Singhal