function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GSBassoGSBasso 

Data Loader Install: How to silently install for "All users"?

As per my recent response to this post, newer versions of Data Loader (certainly v26.0 and newer) can be installed silently (i.e. without the need for user intervention).

The installer for v36.0 has added an additional option to install for just the current user or to install for all users.

Data Loader Setup - Select install type

For a silent install, Is there a way to override the Single User default and install for All users
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi GSBasso,

The option 'All Users' is for all the users of your laptop / pc. If you have 2 logins to your laptop then for both the users Data Loader will be available if you select this option.

Regards,
Mahesh
GSBassoGSBasso
Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

However, I don't think you understood my question.

I am asking how/if I can install Data Loader for all users silently (i.e. without promptring the user).

So far I am only able to run a silent install for the current user (which is the default when selecting the install type as per the screenshot in my original post).

Thanks,
Gino
GSBassoGSBasso
As an update, it seems that if you run the (Windows) installer executable as an admiistrator then the default is to install for all users.

This also holds if you install silently.

So if you open a powershell or command window as an administrator, the following command will silently install for all users rather than the current user:
ApexDataLoader.exe /S