function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karen AmundsonKaren Amundson 

Live Chat Routing based on pre-chat form entry

In the Live Agent Developer Guide, Chatper 5 addresses routing Live Chat based on a value selected on a field on the pre-chat form.  The example has a "department" field.  In the pre-chat Visualforce page, the values in the department field are mapped to specific Chat Button ID's.  So there is 1 chat button on the website.  When clicked, it prompts with the pre-chat form.  When the pre-chat form is submitted, it determines routing based on the selection made in the department field. 

Question 1:  Is the 1 chat button on the website ALWAYS available -- even if there is no agent available in any of the queues?
Question 2:  Is there a way to exclue values from the dropdown list if there is no agent avialable in the corresponding chat button queue?

Does anyone out there have a Live Chat form that handles routing that could comment on your experience?
MSO-SF USERMSO-SF USER
I am curious if you got this working properly. I have reviewed chapter 5 again and i do not see a direct reference to how prechat can router to a specific skill.
Robert Klemm 6Robert Klemm 6
Any chance a resolution or good workaround was found for this?