function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajivRajiv 

Edit Link button on Related list

Hey Guys,

I am stuck could you guys please help me on this. On the custom object related list there is one edit link. Somehow it is not working properly, So I want to see what's the issue but I am not able to figure it out from where exactly this edit link is coming. I checked the object page layout, visual force pages, button etc but didn't find this link. It will be very helpful if someone help me on this. Thanks.
Attached screenshot for your reference.

User-added image
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi Rajiv,
I guess you need to provide more details on this. When you say not working properly, whats the exact behaviour thats happening ?
Based on that, someone should be able to help you in better manner.
RajivRajiv

Thanks for the reply Summet, When we click edit link a read only page gets open with save button. So I don't know from where this edit link is created. This is not a visual force page or custom link.
Sumit Kumar Singh 9Sumit Kumar Singh 9
Hello Rajiv,

Your standard "Edit" may be overridden by visualfroce page. 

Pls, check it by - 

1) Go to the custom Object.
2) Navigate to "Buttons, Links, and Actions".
3) And check here whether "Edit" is overidden be a VF page or not?

Thanks,
Sumit Kuamr Singh

RajivRajiv
Thanks Sumit. I checked that edit button is not overridden.

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi Rajiv,
Whats the URL of the read only page that gets open? If its custom object record URL and not anything related to VF, then its certainly something thats related to profiles and permission sets which might be granting it the access to edit records in some way.
Hello Rajiv,

Can you paste the URL, when you click on "Edit". If it is not overridden, then it may be permission issue.

Thanks, 
Sumit Kumar Singh
RajivRajiv
URL  :  https://cs44.salesforce.com/a0a7A000000ulnY/e?retURL=%2Fa087A000004BEsa

System admin has edit permission but still I can't edit the record.Let me know if above URL helps. Thanks.
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Try to find root cause using following:
1. Try to modify that same record from Apex via Developer Console.
2. If it results in error, it means profiles /field accessibility needs to be verified for System admin.
3. If it works, it is surely something related to page section/layout.

Follow the steps suggested by Sumeet. Also enable the debug log and check if it catches something (but not sure as it is standard "EDIT").