function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara CattanachSara Cattanach 

Approving Records from the Feed in Trailhead -- help!

Hi there -- I'm working on the "Chatter Basics" module (total newbie here) on the "Approving Records from the Feed" trail and keep getting the following error message: 

Trailhead -- Chatter error message

["There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval]

How do I make sure that the Case standard object has Chatter feed tracking turned on? I'm thinking this is the issue...

Thanks for your help! 
Best Answer chosen by Sara Cattanach
George VazquezGeorge Vazquez
Had this problem as well. Make sure when you go to create the proccess, at the top of the page, change the drop-down to CASE not ACCOUNT. This should solve any issues. From here just add the name and make the approver User:'yourself' and then hit save -> Activate. Thats it!

All Answers

LakshmanLakshman
check if you have namespace set in your org, if you have a namespace you would need another org without namespace. Dont worry the trailhead points will still be there.
Thanks for the tip! Ended up being user error but I got it solved. :)
Sudheer LedallaSudheer Ledalla
Hi Sara, 

I am facing the exact same error when trying to work on the  "Chatter Basics" module on the "Approving Records from the Feed" trail . Since you mentioned being able to solve it, would you please share as to how you were able to clear the error. I am still struggling a little with it.
Hi Sudheer -- check the object name in the drop-down menu. If I remember correctly, I was leaving the object in drop-down menu as "account" rather than changing it to "case." Thrown off by the example screenshot in the trail description, I think. :) Good luck and let me know if it works! 
Jennifer CouncilJennifer Council
I had this problem - deleted and recreated my approval process... the only differce I could see was that my first one included a criteria to make it more realistic, the second one I left criteria blank.  (the instructions do say "No entry criteria is required for this approval process"... maybe it means "Do not create an entry criteria for this approval process...")

So maybe a few ways this exercise can fail.
Ryan AbcarianRyan Abcarian
I had this same error as well.  This error seems somewhat generic and can likely be caused by different 'errors' in how the Approval Process was created.

After many failed attempts I re-created the Case Escalation approval process using the example steps documented earlier in the lesson, ensuring I was using the Case object.  The step I missed, that ultimately resolved this error for me, was adding myself as the approver.

Hope this helps someone as I spent a good 30 minutes trying to sort it out.
muhammad awanmuhammad awan
User-added imageUser-added image
muhammad awanmuhammad awan
Hi I have the same problem I try everything but still getting error 

my name in approval is  Muhammad awan is it the space the problem
Nerd sfdcNerd sfdc
I faced the exact same error and spent 45 min resolving. Ultimately found out - Approval CRITERIA should be blank - That's the only solution. It worked.
Sean Farrell 8Sean Farrell 8
I had this same error and couldn't figure out the problem for a few minutes.  When creating the process, I did not have 'Case' selected in the graphic below.

After that just type in the name 'Case Escalation', assign it to yourself and the challenge is complete.  

Note that you need to have the Case chatter on, but mine was already on by default.

Case
Berglind HeathSmithBerglind HeathSmith
I had this problem & went around & round in circles for at least an hour, but now somehow I've passed it - can't say exactly what the fix was, but no doubt a combination of tips from this post, so thanks all!
George VazquezGeorge Vazquez
Had this problem as well. Make sure when you go to create the proccess, at the top of the page, change the drop-down to CASE not ACCOUNT. This should solve any issues. From here just add the name and make the approver User:'yourself' and then hit save -> Activate. Thats it!
This was selected as the best answer
Leon WoodLeon Wood
I was having the same problem and tried to recreate the approval process when I couldn't figure it out the first time. As many have suggested I removed the criteria but the next time I also made sure to have the 'Select Approver' section completed similar to the example (I made myself the approver) and this worked for me. Good luck.
Christophe_         LereverendChristophe_ Lereverend
Worked for me at once when empty field "Specify Entry Criteria"  and Assigned to myself. All good!