function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew SturtAndrew Sturt 

How can you email someone a Visualforce page

Please don't answer this question with code. I can find code online. What I need help with is more basic than that.

The "Implementing Global Actions with Visualforce Pages" challenge asks you to create a page with your user info on it, then add a field to enter an email address so that you can click a "Send" button to send the page to that email address.

Assuming I need to write APEX to send the actual email, what do you think I should send in the email? Is there actually a way to embed the page in the email, or do you think they're just asking for the same content (my user info)? Has anyone actually completed this challenge? It seems really vague to me.

Best Answer chosen by Andrew Sturt
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Welcome ! You can mark the post as answered with the best answer !! :)

All Answers

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi Andrew,
I have done this challenge. You just need to have an email field in the page. However you done need to write any code to send the email.So in short, just the input fields and a save button should be more than enough on the Visualforce page.
Hope that helps !

Andrew SturtAndrew Sturt
Thank you, Sumeet,

You are absolutely correct. The last part of the challenge says, "The page should have an input field to enter an email address and a 'Send' button that allows users to quickly email their contact information to others. Implementing this requirement is optional for passing this challenge" (emphasis mine). I guess I kept skipping that last sentence when I read the challenge requirements.

Andy
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Welcome ! You can mark the post as answered with the best answer !! :)
This was selected as the best answer