function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
merrick devillemerrick deville 

Getting Started with Native Android Development shell.js error

Ok everyone I need some help with a trailhead I have been fighting with my last few Badges for a while now and for the life of me I can fix the issue. These are the last 4 badges I need and I cant get them because I cant get the command line to create the APP. I have made sure I have installed all of the appropriate items Node.js, SDK, android studio ect. I am getting hung up on the  example at the top when I get to the last step of the forcedroid create. I am getting a Shell.js  internal error that tells me the directories dont exisit. I have verified that the directory is actually there when I look in windows explore. I am not sure if maybe I am setting the ADROID_HOME enviroment wrong or not. The trailhead is not very clear on that. Below is the error from the CMD prompt.

CMD ERROR

The File path is direcory

User-added image

I have googled the issue mutiple times but I cant seem to get any one the solutions mentioned to clear my error. Any help would be appreeciated.
Best Answer chosen by merrick deville
merrick devillemerrick deville
So I found the issue with some help from one of our devlopers.  There is a bug in Shell,js version 6.0. I had to go to the Package.json in the dorcedroid Dierctory and update the shelljs version to read 
"shelljs": "~0.5.3"

. Then I had to go back into the comand prompt and have it install the specific shell 0,5.3 version by typing in 
npm install shelljs@0.5.3 -g

. After I did that it allowed me to do the trailhead.